“Generally Good”

Inn on Barons Creek
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The hotel was pretty nice and our stay was generally good but there are a few changes I would make if possible. Our creekside suite was nice and roomy but the bathroom had a very strong chemical smell. Almost like it had just been cleaned but the scent never wore off. Not that big of a deal but I didn't want to spend any longer in the bathroom than was necessary so the jacuzzi tub wasn't useful. My spa treatment was great and the heated pool and hot tub were a nice addition. We stayed on a Sunday evening and the free breakfast is only served until 9am during the week so we had to get up earlier than we would have liked (during our vacation) to make it to breakfast but the food was pretty good. Like I said, overall our stay was good but we prefer more of a quaint bed-and-breakfast to a large hotel in Fredericksburg.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us while in Fredericksburg.

We are glad that you gave us a chance as opposed to the B&Bs.

We are so sorry that you had to get up early for breakfast , I completely understand wanting to sleep in when on vacation. i also want to apologize for the chemical smell in the room.

I am so glad that you were able to experience the Spa what a wonderful escape, especially after walking the main street all day.

We would love to have you come back again.

Thanks you,
Kammie

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I recently stayed at the Inn on Baron's Creek for the second time and while we certainly enjoyed our first visit, our second visit was incredible thanks to the front desk staff, particularly Michael. Michael and the other staff gave us all the insider information on the best places to eat that were off the beaten path of Main Street. Thanks to them I had my first ever (and hopefully not last) fried avocado and fantastic cheeseburger at Alamo Springs Cafe and I got to see Enchanted Rock. Next time I'll bring my hiking shoes so I can really experience it! Also, on a personal note, I took my mother there for her 69th birthday. My only brother passed away three months ago and I was really hoping to make this trip special. Not only did their tips enhance our experience, when they learned it was her birthday they had flowers sent to her room! I can't tell you how wonderful that was - Michael and the staff gave my mother a birthday gift and a memory I never could have and I'll always be grateful. We can hardly wait to come back and bring our friends and family!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am so glad that we were able to make it a memorable and enjoyable experience for you and your mother.

Michael is a true gem and I feel lucky to have him as an employee.He brings joy to all that come in contact with him.

We look forward to having you stay with us again when you return to Fredericksburg.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

The Inn on Barons Creek is a good choice for your visit to this quaint town. The hotel is just two blocks off the main drag, making it a very convenient location for exploring all the galleries, shops and eating establishments.
We had a King Suite. It has a separate small but comfortable room adjacent to the sleeping room with a love seat, an upholstered chair, desk and second TV. The room also had a small refrigerator and microwave. The king bed was comfortable and the A/C, while a little loud, worked well. Our room was very clean when we arrived and other than showing a little age, we thought the accommodations were perfect for our 3 night stay.
Breakfast is included in the room rate. I would compare it to an above average Hampton Inn breakfast, but with real silverware and dishes.
We got good advice about places to dine from the friendly front desk and found all of the staff to be nice. When we come back to Fredricksburg we will surely stay here again. For us, there is no reason to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank racar22

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be back.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

This hotel was great everything was great, I look forward to staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Herman H
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Very good:
the staff is really, really nice and helpful everywhere on the property.
size of the room/bathroom for the value
cleanliness, look of the lobby and the grounds
micro, fridge and coffee maker in the room
Good:
the free breakfast: eggs, sausage, biscuits, waffles, fruit, cereal, etc.
not too long a walk to the main shopping street (2 long blocks)
Not good:
the beds and pillows. 2 nights nearly ruined our backs, so as a result, we'll never return, which is unfortunate considering all that's good. Bad beds are a deal-killer for us, though.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the creek in the back, otherwise you'll only see the parking lot.
Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank 3sons
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback of your recent stay with us.

I am so happy to hear that for the most part you enjoyed your stay.

I do want to apologize for your sleep experience and wish that you could contact me personally to discuss this problem in more detail.

Thank you again for the review and we do hope to win you back.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Went to Fredericksburg for a weekend getaway and was recommended to stay at this hotel. Philip at the concierge was more than accommodating! Such friendly staff, awesome amenities, and the hotel is greatly taken care of. The room was relaxing, and very comfortable! (Try the spa while your there too!) I HIGHLY recommend staying here and wouldn't think twice about staying anywhere else.
-Chanel & Melinda

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chanel M

Dear Chanel & Melinda,

Thank you for such a wonderful review.

We really appreciate your feedback so that everyone can see what a great place this is.

I am so glad that Philip was such a help during your stay.

We cant wait for you to come back.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Stayed here for the weekend. Really nice place. Close walking distance to main street. Friendly staff. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay with us.

We were happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. The convienence to main street is a plus.
I couldnt ask for a better staff they strive to make our guest happy.

Thank you again for your review. I hope we can serve you again if your travels bring you back to Fredericksburg.