“What a joke” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Frederick Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fredericksburg
Frederick Motel
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
“What a joke”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Thank the good Lord I wasn't one of the unfortunate people to stay there!! We were with a group o our friends who checked into the hotel!! More like the Bates motel!! That is the impression you get from the manager! It is small messy and down right creepy. We were there with only a few minutes but he (manager) came out to inform us that we had illegally park our cars. The place was empty. The place is AWFUL. Watch out "Bates motel" you have compation!!!

• Stayed April 2012
5 Thank Mhd1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Corpus christi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Has no people skills very rude!! and formed his opinion of us..
Before we even checked in and that is because we made reservations two weeks prior to us staying there. if i had seen these reviews before my stay there ...
Needs Etiquette Class
Hates his job!! and if you check in late he is miserable because he has to wait on anyone!
is this my fault he is in this business! No....

Room Tip: no advice!! rooms our right off Main st , very noisy
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Cruz E

Travellers are raving about these Fredericksburg hotels

Goliad, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This motel is an older motel but for the price and people that run the motel, you can not beat it in Fredericksburg, TX. Debbie and George, Managers, are most friendly and live on the property. The internet connection is easy access and runs fast. The rooms are cleaned daily, the traffic noise is low, safety for traveling women is not a problem, and many travelers come and go each day. The motel also offers a monthly and weekly rate that can not be beat by any other motel in Fredericksburg. Next time you are in Fredericksburg, Texas, look them up - they will take care of you.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Carolyn S
San Antonio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

I honestly can't say anything about the hotel rooms because we never actually stayed here. What happened though, was noteworthy. We were looking for a mom & pop type hotel that would be reasonably priced, and drove by. There was a sign saying something about "as advertised in the NY Times...." We thought it would be worth checking out. We parked around the back, and as we approached the office, noticed a sign saying No Vacancy. Well, since we were out of the car, we decided to ask if by any chance there had been a cancellation or checkout, and inquire about rates for future reference. The man became very rude and hostile, for what reason I can't imagine, saying, "What do you think the sign means?" We said sorry, never mind, and then as we walked back to our car, he followed us (literally) and then stood there right next to our car with his arms folded across his chest and watched while we got in our car and left. Creepy doesn't even describe it - I'd be scared to death to stay anywhere this guy had access to the room keys. Yikes!! Stay down the street at the Miller Motel - clean, adorable, super friendly people, and reasonably priced.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
12 Thank AntelopeSanAntonio
Fredericksburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

I stayed here with Mr. George and Mrs. Debbie for the month of July until I could move into my apt in the middle of August. They where very nice and kept the room very cozy. They are very personal people and like meeting new faces. They were not intruding on my things or asking where I was going or doing. I made sure to let them know that no strangers or bad behavior was going on. I am a very up front person and let them know that family and girl friend was coming to see me. They didn't want anyone moving in but was still accepting of visitation. I Rate this place out of ten, ten being the best. I give it a ten. Based on cleanliness, quietness, comfortable, close to many things, friendliness, etc. I also asked where things are and what to do in Fredericksburg and Debbie and George where so nice to explain where things were and how to drive to them and things to go see.

Room Tip: I would look in Tx travelers Magazine. I stayed in Room one
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
College Station, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

Avoid this hotel like the plague. Onsite manager needs to be trained on his people skills or be terminated. He ripped into my family for not making the agreed-upon checkout time by 20 minutes. I certainly let him have a piece of my mind before we left. This issue is not done, I will be in contact with the owner about their management.

Room Tip: avoid this place LIKE THE PLAGUE
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank JimK1961
ReviewsTrip, Manager at Frederick Motel, responded to this review, 15 May 2011
My wife keeps telling me to stop giving people special accommodation. When will i learn? On a basically sold out weekend, we had one room left at about two in the afternoon on Saturday. We got a call from someone who wanted a smoking room and that is what we had. They said they would be right over. No credit card or anything to hold the room. A young lady came to look at the room and made mention of the fact that her family ran a extended stay place in north east Texas. She said her mother would be by with a credit card in 5 or 10 minutes. We don't ordinarily hold a room without a credit card on file, bu since they were "in the business" we made an exception. It was almost two hours later when the credit card finally showed up. In that time we could have rented the room twice (our last) over without knowing if they truly would ever be back. This is against normal business practice. We held it out of courtesy because they were in the business. We were told that there would be the mother and two adult sisters in the room. It ended up that there were at least six and possibly more in a room with two beds. Professional courtesy again prevailed, as we ignored the over-population of the room and I brought them another mattress and bedding and also many extra towels. We always have more than adequate towels in our rooms but never mind giving extra when needed. Next, they needed an extension cord so I went back to the house, re-arranged some things and lent them one of my personal power strips. They asked for a late check-out to 12 p.m. (normal is 11 a.m.) and again were accommodated. About noon one couple left but shortly returned form the store with some food. After no further movement and all of our other guests long gone we patiently waited until 12:30p.m. I went and knocked on the door and meekly asked if I was getting a lesson in patience, trying to ease into finding out if they were staying another night or would be checking out soon. I was immediately met by yelling and cussing and was basically told they would be out when they were ready.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

We spent one night at the Frederick Motel and enjoyed it thoroughly. The staff was kind and helpful, the room was very clean, and the place had a charming retro feel. Don't expect new furniture or modern decor, but this is a great value and a comfortable, convenient, unique place to stay.

The breakfast options were mostly packaged muffins, cereal bars, etc., but there was fruit and coffee available.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family