“You get what you pay for”
Review of Sunday House Inn

Sunday House Inn
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This place was our last resort because all other places were booked. The parking is extremely limited. We had to park on the other side of the hotel due to inefficient parking spots. The water that came out of the sink was filled with dirt. After running the water awhile, there was still pepper like flakes. Someone walked completely into the room while my spouse and I were in bed. This was the worst motel I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Bigjones3234

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I don't often post reviews and when I do it's because of something special. In this case, the "special" was cockroaches. When we first entered the room I witnessed a cockroach scurrying across the sitting/living room area. Having lived in Texas for some time I didn't consider this a showstopeer. However, when I turned on the bathroom lights and found 2 HUGE cockroaches I felt that perhaps I had chosen the wrong hotel. When I reported this to the front desk the staff suggested that perhaps I had brought the bugs in with my luggage. It doesn't get better. I also found a dried coffee filter (with dried grounds) under the kitchenette sink - and I don't drink coffee. The room was generally unkempt and dated. This coupled with the poor attitude of the front desk staff leads me to NOT recommend this hotel to my fellow travellers.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel unless you want cockroaches and garbage from the previous night's occup...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandy1Texas_USA
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This lodging is vastly overated. The room was dated, the shower contained mold, the kleenex container fell off the wall, and the bathroom faucets were worn. Don't be fooled by the photos on the website. It's just another motel with average rooms at best. The place needs a major renovation. The continental breakfast, however, was OK and the front office staff were friendly.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

We recently escorted a group of 45 senior citizens on a tour of Fredericksburg and chose the Sunday House Inn for two nights accommodations. WHAT A GREAT CHOICE. The rooms were large, well decorated and very clean. It is just a short walk from the hotel to Main Street shopping and the Nimitiz Museum. The hotel provides a continental breakfast, which included a wide choice of items in a large and clean eating area. The most outstanding feature of the hotel is its service. Judy and her staff seemed very anxious to see that our needs were met and our guest had a great stay; which they did. We would recommend this hotel to our friends and will certainly stay there again next time we visit Fredericksburg!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The suite had a lot of room, and offered bathroom privacy. Contrary to a review I read, it had both a refrigerator and microwave. There was also an ironing board, hair drier, and a great make-up mirror. There was a separate living room with tv, couch (hide a bed), and chair.Best of all was the location. It was within walking distance of at least four restaurants, and a dollar store. But take your own pillow. The bed was extra firm. We would stay there again. It was great, in spite of the price. It actually was more reasonable than some in town.

Room Tip: Choose a suite. You won't be disappointed.
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I visit the Hill country a couple of times a year and we always stay at the Sunday House, Judy is wonderful to work with, I usually book several rooms and Judy graciously provides rooms next to each other and goes beyond what you expect from a hotel. Thank you Judy!

Reviewed 18 March 2012

My family stayed here for one night while we were going through Fredericksburg. It was exactly what you would expect from an old motel--green shag carpet, etc., but very clean and spacious. The people could not have been nicer or more helpful. There is a brand-new Hampton Inn next door, so I had a little bit of buyer's remorse when I was showering in the 1970's bathroom of the Sunday House Inn, but the price was right, and I had no real regrets.

• Stayed: March 2012