All reviews golf course play golf pro shop hotel bar room service silver fox standard room minute drive opened the door business conference great weekend rooms are large great property mini fridge late check front desk staff conference center
Reviewed March 26, 2018

This Westin was the host hotel for a junior golf tournament that my son played in at the Stonebriar golf club. I could not have been any happier with the stay.

Everyone that I interacted with at the Westin - from the Manager who helped me extend our stay at the group rate, to the front desk who checked me in and helped me arrange a late check-out, to the numerous other employees I encountered were super friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.

The room was very comfortable and clean. The location was so ideal because it had the feel of a resort, but was conveniently located (within walking distance) to several great restaurants outside the hotel. Additionally, parking was very easy, so there was never a hassle if you needed to run out by car to either go shopping, explore Frisco area, or whatever.

The breakfast buffet was very nice - fresh omelettes and/or waffles every day, plus hash browns and fresh fruit. It is not usually included in the room rate, but was offered as part of our group rate -- which we truly appreciated!!

I look forward to returning.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Stonebriar, General Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Thank you for the kind words!! We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay & will be back. We have had a long and wonderful relationship with American Junior Golf Association & look forward to many more years to come. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

I was there for business so I didn’t enjoy many of the facilities. I don’t play golf, but for those who did, I believe you’ll like it. Other than that I’m curious about the gym and restaurant, but can’t tell more. At the end, it’s only fair to review by the basic facilities I enjoyed.

Room was spacious, well set, a bit old but all comfortable. Bed was spacious and the super comfy pillow helps me with my terrible jet lag. Amenities were as expected to be in most of western hotel. And for those who don’t get used to tap water like me, they provide bottled water every day, this, I found very helpful especially because it’s hard to get around without car. Walmart or anything else is not within walking distance. Though, if you really need to go and grab something, Peter Cafe inside the hotel provide some of the things you need.

Hotel shuttle goes for free within 3 miles radius, just double check, to make sure your request is listed on their bookings if you don’t want to wait for pick up more than 30 minutes in closed mall like i did-if I didn’t call again, they wouldn’t have picked me up.

Oh, one last thing. The old construction could have been the cause. But i heard and feel like my door was opened and closed (more like slammed actually) many times no matter day or night. Probably it happened when my neighbor open/close their doors. Annoying, especially when you were sleeping. But earplugs helped, and you’ll get used to it.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Dear TravedialD,

Thank you for your feedback and for letting us know you enjoyed your stay overall. We are very happy to hear that the pillow provided was comfortable and that you enjoyed the bottled water. Your comments, however, let us know there are areas where we could focus attention to improve our service. We will evaluate what we can do differently going forward to avoid such inconveniences. It was our pleasure serving you, and we hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you this way.

Craig Sundell

Reviewed March 3, 2018

The hotel is very nice. The staff is is extremely friendly. Why the 4 stars? It may sound petty, but it bugged me that every time I came down there was 4-5 staff standing around the lobby but the gift/coffee shop was always closed. Our room was very large. I think it was a executive suite converted to a standard room.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Stonebriar, Director of Sales at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed our rooms and friendly staff but are sorry for your frustration. While we work to flex our Peter's Cafe hours based on the needs of our guests, you have helped us realize that we need some clear signage indicating that anyone on our team would be delighted to get a coffee, beverage, snack or anything else that would otherwise be found in Peter's. We apologize that this wasn't clear. Please stay with us again - we'd love to have the opportunity to give you a five-star stay!

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff are amazing, they are very friendly and helpful. The only think Iwould change is the slow coffee pot in the room. Will defiantly be staying here again. Love this place!!!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Stonebriar, Director of Sales at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2018

Thank you so much for the kind words! Please do visit again soon! We will be sure to share your feedback on the coffee pot with maintenance to make sure there isn't a problem. Thank you!

Reviewed February 19, 2018

We stayed at the Westin Stonebriar to celebrate our 1-year anniversary. We parked our vehicle directly in front of the front doors and valet at the hotel. When we left the hotel the next morning, our car had been keyed on all 4 panels of the driver's side of the car; damage equating to $1500-$2000. This premium property handled the whole situation terribly. The on-duty manager tried to pass off the incident saying that there is signage in the parking lot that we are parking at our own risk and then offered us hotel points. We checked the parking lot and no signage existed. She also committed to sending us a copy of the incident report once they had checked the surveillance footage. They did not provide us a copy of the report and told us that the footage does not cover where our car is parked (directly across the front door of the hotel).
The general manager told us that parking in this premium golf & resort parking lot equates to parking at a grocery store parking lot and passed us off to their insurance company. Their insurance company would not take responsibility and finally 3 months after the incident, after we followed up with the general manager twice, he responded by saying the matter is closed. Ultimately, this hotel property doesn’t take responsibility for incidents on their property and ultimately treated us like a nuisance vs. a respected customer. I don’t recommend staying at this property, not only because of the risk of damage on their property, but also because of the lack of accountability and caring for the impact their lack of customer service at the management level has on the customer.

Date of stay: November 2017
1  Thank GlobalTravelerTO
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Dear GlobalTravelerTO,

We’re sorry that this happened to your vehicle during your stay with us and that you were not happy with the outcome. We strive to provide every guest with a great experience and have a strong reputation for doing so, but we understand that this was not the case for you. We have not had a parking lot incident reported like this in 17 years. We feel strongly that we did our due diligence from calling the police, who investigated thoroughly, to working through insurance to assist in this unfortunate incident. Thank you for being our guest, and we are sorry you remain disappointed.

Craig Sundell