“Rude”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Burleson, Texas
“Rude”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

We stayed at this establishment and have to say we will never go back there. The beds are hard. The room was relatively clean, but rather noisy. Could hear traffic noise very clearly. While the person we checked in with was very nice, the rest of the staff did not take the same course. Arrived for the breakfast buffet at 9:25, (it closes at 9:30) while I was cooking my pancakes the staff took up the rest of the food. So I had pancakes no syrup, no butter it had already been picked up, along with all the other foods. Someone eating in the room couldn't believe what was happening. The staff just shrugged and said we closed. a few minutes later, 5 different staff members walked out with food. When I explained to the front desk they said sorry. Very disappointing.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Durant, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

I made a reservation for my son for his honeymoon. I was offered a rate in the 130"s for a jacuzzi room. When i called a few days later and spoke with Stephanie she said it was impossible that i had been offered that rate for that room. She also said it was impossible to tell who took the reservation which later proved to be untrue. She said she could care less whether i wrote a scathing review on this site or any other. She also said she could care less whether i cancelled the reservation (I did). Unbelievable

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank proesler

Travellers are raving about these Gainesville hotels

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

The hotel is close to the WinStar casino. So it was a convenient place to stay while we enjoyed seeing the Lady Antebellum and Darius Rucker concerts. Free breakfast was included with the room. So we had a nice leisurely breakfast at the hotel. There are also several resturants within easy walking distance. If you show your room key, IHOP and Chili's will give you at 10% discount. The Fried Pie Company is a bit further away in downtown Gainesville but worth the trip. They are famous for their good food and delicious fried pies. The food and service are excellent and their prices are extremely reasonable. That's why so many of the locals eat there.

Room Tip: Eat at the Fried Pie Company in Gainesville, TX.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Sonia T
Mobile, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

We have been traveling since March. This Holiday Inn Express is very very tired and worn. Our room had a hole worn in the carpeting. Everything looks old. The bathroom floor had some long black hairs on the floor. I have blonde hair and my husband has short gray hair so it wasn't ours. I would pass on this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank dvhtbm
djmccorkle519
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2011

I love this hotel! The staff is amazing and the location is great! My husband and I choose the hotel because is conveniently located just 7 miles south of the Winstar Casino. The staff was very polite and attentive to our needs. I will admit I first thought the rooms were a little pricey but when I heard about all amenities and saw the room I quickly changed my mind. We really enjoyed the large indoor pool/hot tub, free secure WiFi, and the complimentary breakfast with our stay. The hotel is also center between three pretty good restaurants and the 20% off and IHOP next door is very easy on your wallet. I recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank djmccorkle519
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

I loved the cleanliness of the rooms and their attractiveness.

We checked in late....it took until about 1 AM to realize that the AC hadn't been working. By then we were so tired that we didn't call anyone to change rooms. We had both tried to get on the wifi and were both unsuccessful with two different computers...we could get online with our ethernet cable and with my aircard....We went to sleep in a slightly warm room....

Even this would have been OK...but at 7 am, we were suddenly awakened by a loud noise.....which kept up ....turns out...in a hotel with only a few rooms booked, we were put next to the laundry and we were hearing the washing machines....

As we left, I told the desk clerk that the AC hadn't worked.....I had to go back for something and overheard ther manager saying that "of course it didn't work, it was set on 55 degrees and had frozen up"...That wasn't the case when we checked in, we turned it down to try to get a fan or something to come on....

We

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luvstogoAustin
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2010

All I can say is, "Wow." We stayed in Gainesville for a Christmastime getaway. Their historic downtown was hosting a Christmas celebration, so we stopped there for the night with my wife, mother-in-law and two preschoolers, on our way to see my wife's family in Oklahoma. We had reserved the 3-bedroom kid suite. When we arrived, the front desk informed us that the bozos who stayed in the suite the night before had smoked in it (despite it clearly being marketed as a non-smoking room). Two asthmatic preschoolers and an asthmatic dad meant no way we could stay there.

But, they were prepared for that contingency. They had already set-up two adjoining rooms on the first floor for our use (which netted us an extra bedroom), and gave the two rooms to us at the same price as the suite (a huge cost savings over two rooms). They even brought down the DVD player from the suite so the kids could watch their movies.

They were proactive, offered us a great alternative and made sure they were ready with a Plan B for our arrival. I call that awesome.

Free breakfast was pretty good (not great, but for the price, we'll take it). The hotel has easy access on to/off of I-35, but I noticed no road noise during the night. The property itself is about average for the new Holiday Inn Expresses out there - but the service was outstanding. They couldn't help the boorish behavior of the group that stayed there the night before, but they were ready to help us out when we arrived. Next time we're staying in Gainesville, we'll definitely choose the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
1.8 km away
13.9 km away
Red River Inn & Suites
Red River Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Thackerville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Gainesville? Share your experiences!