Holiday Inn Express Gainesville
US$104
Hampton.com
Budget Host Motel(Gainesville)
US$45
All reviewscinnamon rollslate checkoutroom was cleanstayed one nightcoffee makerstaff was very friendly and helpfulbedstearsconcertfixturesmicrowave
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I made a reservation for my son for his honeymoon. I was offered a rate in the 130"s for a jacuzzi room. When i called a few days later and spoke with Stephanie she said it was impossible that i had been offered that rate for that room. She also said it was impossible to tell who took the reservation which later proved to be untrue. She said she could care less whether i wrote a scathing review on this site or any other. She also said she could care less whether i cancelled the reservation (I did). Unbelievable

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank proesler
Reviewed June 6, 2011

The hotel is close to the WinStar casino. So it was a convenient place to stay while we enjoyed seeing the Lady Antebellum and Darius Rucker concerts. Free breakfast was included with the room. So we had a nice leisurely breakfast at the hotel. There are also several resturants within easy walking distance. If you show your room key, IHOP and Chili's will give you at 10% discount. The Fried Pie Company is a bit further away in downtown Gainesville but worth the trip. They are famous for their good food and delicious fried pies. The food and service are excellent and their prices are extremely reasonable. That's why so many of the locals eat there.

Room Tip: Eat at the Fried Pie Company in Gainesville, TX.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank S T
Reviewed May 26, 2011

We have been traveling since March. This Holiday Inn Express is very very tired and worn. Our room had a hole worn in the carpeting. Everything looks old. The bathroom floor had some long black hairs on the floor. I have blonde hair and my husband has short gray hair so it wasn't ours. I would pass on this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank dvhtbm
Reviewed March 4, 2011

I love this hotel! The staff is amazing and the location is great! My husband and I choose the hotel because is conveniently located just 7 miles south of the Winstar Casino. The staff was very polite and attentive to our needs. I will admit I first thought the rooms were a little pricey but when I heard about all amenities and saw the room I quickly changed my mind. We really enjoyed the large indoor pool/hot tub, free secure WiFi, and the complimentary breakfast with our stay. The hotel is also center between three pretty good restaurants and the 20% off and IHOP next door is very easy on your wallet. I recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank djmccorkle519
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I loved the cleanliness of the rooms and their attractiveness.

We checked in late....it took until about 1 AM to realize that the AC hadn't been working. By then we were so tired that we didn't call anyone to change rooms. We had both tried to get on the wifi and were both unsuccessful with two different computers...we could get online with our ethernet cable and with my aircard....We went to sleep in a slightly warm room....

Even this would have been OK...but at 7 am, we were suddenly awakened by a loud noise.....which kept up ....turns out...in a hotel with only a few rooms booked, we were put next to the laundry and we were hearing the washing machines....

As we left, I told the desk clerk that the AC hadn't worked.....I had to go back for something and overheard ther manager saying that "of course it didn't work, it was set on 55 degrees and had frozen up"...That wasn't the case when we checked in, we turned it down to try to get a fan or something to come on....

We