“Friendliest desk staff ever”

Holiday Inn Express Gainesville
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Winsted
“Friendliest desk staff ever”
Reviewed 21 December 2009

Traveling is not my thing and being away from home is awful. But the staff at the Gainsville, TX holiday inn express made me feel right at home. I was always greeted with a smile and asked how my day was. Portia and Amber always made a point to make sure everything was perfect and went out of their way to get whatever i needed. Thank you for making my trip a little easier. I hope to come back to texas and get the same great service again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank griffenxavior

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Colorado
Reviewed 9 August 2009

We frequent Holiday Inn Express hotels, and this was the worst on our trip. The staff was unfriendly during check in and check out. Mattresses (two Queen beds) were old and uncomfortable, and the rooms were not cleaned. This was frustrating after a very long day on the road. Parking was adequate, but not friendly for larger trucks. I can't recommend staying here until HIE gives this hotel an employee attitude adjustment and updates their rooms.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Gainesville hotels

Dallas, TX
Reviewed 3 August 2009

We arrived late July 30th. Had reserved King non smoking. At check in had us in King smoking. Front desk quickly upgraded us to King w/ Jacuzzi Suite. Nice! Room was very comfortable with great bedding, ceiling fan, cold A/C and flat panel TV. Close to downtown Gainesville, next door to IHOP and convenient to I35. Only a few minutes away from WinStar. Breakfast was much better than normal free breakfast. It is promptly put away at 9:30. Checked out around noon with no problem charges. Never had chance to check out pool area but it certainly looked invititng. Will stay here again if in Gainesville.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 June 2009

Great experience! The amenities surpassed what I expected for the price. The bed was incredibly comfortable, room was very clean, the staff was friendly, and the location was near several eateries. Historic downtown Gainesville was in walking distance. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
Michigan
Reviewed 29 January 2009

A nice stay overall, but when they said breakfast ends at 9:30, that's just what they meant. My wife was still eating at the stroke of 9:30 when the attendant made her final rounds and turned off the lights! There was just the one lady there doing everything, and she was having trouble keeping up with the crowd all morning, but could have left the light on.

• Liked — Right off the freeway, clean.
  • Disliked — Not enough help in the breakfast area.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jonesburg,Missouri
Reviewed 9 June 2008

this is a very nice holiday inn express. the room was nice, the pool was really good and the hot breakfast was the standard holiday inn fare but was constantly being refreshed. it is located next door to a ihop restaurant and if you show your staying at the holiday inn, ihop gives you 10%off, so we took advantage of that for our dinner. so if traveling through gainesville, the holiday inn is a good place to stay.

• Liked — pool
  • Disliked — noise outside
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 13 June 2006

I am a frequent business traveler and I patronize Holiday Inn Express almost weekly. Today I booked a room at the HIE in Gainesville, TX. I called the hotel direct to book the room. The person who took my reservation seemed confused and was unable to take my Priority Club number so I had to give her all my information verbally. I told her I would be arriving late and gave my credit card number to hold the room. She gave me a confirmation number. On arrival the manager could not find my reservation and I went to the car and retrived the confirmation number. I was told that my credit card was rejected but they still had rooms available. My original quote was for $99.95 per night but the only room available was at a rate of $141.95 per night. I told him this was not acceptable and after some debate he offered $112.95 per night. Still not happy I left and called Priority Club's 800 number, they called the hotel and verified my story with the manager who still refused to honor the rate quoted. The Priority Club person checked the credit card number the lady at the hotel had put in and verified the number was missing digits and had a string of numbers at the end nothing like my card and if I wanted to stay that she would send a check for the difference. I declined the offer as it is against my principles to be treated in such a manner. I will be calling the GM of the hotel to complain. I will not ever attempt to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
8 Thank jimthestonemaker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
1.8 km away
13.9 km away
Red River Inn & Suites
Red River Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Thackerville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Gainesville? Share your experiences!