“Wonderful Experience”

The Dawn Galveston Condominiums
Lake Charles
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

My husband and his side of the family all stayed at the Dawn Condominiums during the 4th of July weekend. Needless to say, our stay was absolutely wonderful. Our condo was very large and it looked just like the pictures on the Dawn's web site. I will upload pictures later this week. We had a beautiful view of the gulf, and on the night of the 4th, we walked right outside onto our porch and watched the fireworks. I'm so happy to have found this place for the weekend. My husband and I will definitely be back. My only complaint which was out of the control of property mgmt. is that our neighbor in the condo right above us was young, drunk, and didn't go to bed at night. We didn't get much sleep because we could hear him and his company walking around all night long, so it was really disturbing. Other than that, everything was great. When I do return, I'll be sure to ask for a condo on the 3rd floor. :) Last but not least, I don't think there is high-speed internet because we could never get a connection. But hey, I wasn't there to surf the net anyway. So, no big deal.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank TRAVEL200GIRL

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fort Worth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2010

We were coming to Galveston for a wedding on New Year's Day and needed a place that our daughter could sleep separate from us. We were able to stay in Unit 228 which faced the water and had 2 beds, 2 baths and a full kitchen. I LOVED that the master bedroom had it's own sitting area with a couch and chair. It was about $10 cheaper a night than the hotel the rest of the wedding party was at and had so much more. I loved being able to keep food and milk for my daughter in the fridge and I could cook a couple times to save time and money on eating out. It also had a full washer and dryer which came in handy for a major spill my daughter had on a nice dress. The only real problem was that the master bedroom faced the sea wall and you could clearly hear the cars and trucks driving by until late at night.

Gulf Coast Concierge booked us in and Cameron was so helpful and made a great food recommendation.

As a reference point our family likes to stay at places like Residence Inn and Homewood suites for the space/kitchenettes. This was a great value for the space and amenities. Our 3 year old even said, "I could live at this condo!"

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank PinkPunch
Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2008

We usually stay at Moody Gardens but needed a kitchen, more space, and a little less expensive place. The Dawn certainly is not cheap but for 2 bedrooms and 2 baths it was cheaper than Moody Gardens. The condo and grounds were very clean. We felt safe because of the gated entrance. It was almost to new in that there was no trash can in the kitchen (which meant no large trash can in the condo), cooking supplies were limited as well as towels. The dishes and utensils had to be washed before using, they seemed dirty, and furniture was limited (only a sofa in the living room). All in all it is a nice place. Would I stay there again---definitely.