“Nice boat, not much of a tour”

1877 Tall Ship ELISSA
Ranked #7 of 105 things to do in Galveston
Reviewed 30 March 2012

OK as part of the package deal but not worth much as a stand alone tour.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

This old tall ship with square sails, three masts and a whole buncha sails is spectacular to see when the sails are set. There are lots of volunteers there most of the time who will tell you their personal stories of their 'relationship' with the Elissa. The ship doesn't take paying passengers, but the volunteer crew tells me you can sail if you work on the ship for a while. Sign me up!

Reviewed 30 March 2012

We go every year for Dickins on the Strand. First weakend in Dec. You get to view the Elissa for free when you buy your Dickins ticket. We always have about 8 to 10 in our group in costumes.(Pirates & Steampunk)So we get some AWESOME pic's.on the Elissa.And now the Magic is also in the back ground if you go there on Sunday's when she is in dock.By the way I cruised on her in Feb. only one word AWESOME a must do!!!! And Fisherman's Warf rest. right next to the Elissa has the best food and drinks we go there every time also .Great view of the Elissa and Harbor :)

1  Thank CajunSpice2012
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I love the ship but it costs a bit to go see it, espeically if you are paying for a family. The money goes to a good cause though. It doesn't take much time to see it so don't expect a long tour.

2  Thank Danda0624
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I love old ships and this is the best one I've ever toured, with lots of informative posters. However, it would be much less pleasant if it were crowded, as it is small.

2  Thank socarolina