“Dinner Buffet...”

The Terrace Restaurant
Ranked #178 of 330 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 14, 2015

My husband and I had tickets for the Curt Miller Show in early August and decided to grab a bite to eat before hand ...mostly to save us from the popcorn, candy & soda at the show. I originally was only wanting to get some Lobster Bisque (which is out of this world) but our server, Joshua, talked us in to the buffet. It was definitely worth it! There was a huge selection to satisfy any age; a few choices included, peel & eat large gulf shrimp, crawfish etouffee, meatloaf plus chicken tenders, mac & cheese, not to mention a decent amount of desserts.
We had one of the cooks, Damien, come and speak with us, he was very friendly and professional. One of the managers, Franco, stopped by as well. It's nice to see and be able to interact with those whom are actually putting your food together or in charge.

We were having such a good time, we were almost late to the show!!

Looking forward to see what is available the next time we stop by.

Reviewed July 21, 2015

This place is in a great location overlooking the water. Menu I changed regularly and the lunch buffet is great value. I would eat here even if Zibwasntbdoing the attractions of moody Gardens.

Reviewed October 28, 2014

The best I have ever had anywhere in the world. I also like the Shrimp Dejong. One of the Chef's creations and can't be beat.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

On an outing to the Moody Garden Aqurium, we finished our day with a meal at the Cafe in the Park. The restaurant was recently renovated and I found the new decor pleasant and inviting.
The children ordered corn dogs, one with a side of fries and the other with apple slices then I ordered a cup of lobster bisque and the Cafe Burger with a side of fruit and my husband ordered the BLT with avocado and french fries. My nephew was not impressed with his apples and our server immediately replaced them; he, however, did not take the apples back due to my neice devouring them before anyone knew what was happening ... needless to say there was not anything 'wrong' with them. The lobster bisque was fantastic and the burger was very good as well. My husband enjoyed his meal along with the rest of us so I say it was a successful meal. Our table was visited by Richard who was interested in how everything turned out and by another manager, Hector, who was also making sure everything was to our satisfaction. I noticed them visiting other tables as well and appeared to making sure the guest were having a good time. Top notch!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

There were very few options for dining on Christmas day, and since we were visiting Moody Gardens, we decided to just do the Christmas Buffet at Shearns. I expected a hotel restaurant to be pricey, but when the bill arrived it was almost $200 for 3 adults and 1 child. If the food was amazing I would not have thought twice, but it was pretty much standard buffet fare. The real killer was the $25 tip that was added automatically. Now granted, if this were a full service meal, I would most likely have tipped that much. This was a buffet, so the waiter was tipped $25 for brining us water and tea, and clearing dirty dishes. Oh, he also told us to help ourselves and pointed towards the buffet. Not impressed.