“Jake Worthington & the W3 band”

Yaga's Tropical Cafe
Ranked #40 of 328 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Jamaican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner and concert! Small but happening establishment! Large menu chose on cauliflower crust pizza! Wowzie was it ever good! Our waitress was super friendly and moved us to better setting when seats became available! The sound man was the only draw back of the evening seemed not to be a very good mood. No help with the mix and not motivated to help fix sound issues! Overall visit was good and will go back when visiting Galveston!

Reviewed October 8, 2018

When we visited, it was pretty crowded. But the food was good, even we did have a bit of a wait for it.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

We were looking for something light for dinner and their menu had some tasty sounding sandwiches. We were not disappointed! We both had the club sandwich which was very fresh and we shared some fries and sweet potato tater tots. The fries were awesome! It was late on a Wednesday evening so they weren't busy. We got great service from our waiter, Mack. I would like to go back some time and try their brunch menu!

Reviewed September 18, 2018

My husband and I ate here on a Sunday for lunch. They serve brunch on Saturday and Sundays and the menu looks really good. I decided to try their Hangover Burger because I am in search of the best burger in Galveston. The burger was good. It is not the best, but it did have some seasoning. The fries were also good.

I cannot remember what my husband's meal was called but it had a boudin patty, bacon, egg and a sauce. It was on the brunch menu. He said it was good.

My only complaint is how they seated people. The place is small and they seemed to seat everyone in my section in the middle instead of along the windows. It was difficult when leaving to get past people and I counted eight employees just standing around by their computer system.

The prices are really good here. Our total bill was $24 and that included two ice teas.

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

We came here on a Wednesday afternoon around 2:00. The staff was very friendly, helping us with our stroller ordeals as we came and went. I ordered a daiquiri and it was extremely light on the alcohol, but it was good. We ordered a chicken quesadilla and the chicken was extremely bland. The salsa for dipping was great.
I ordered the jerk chicken and my husband ordered the shrimp Po boy. The first thing I noticed was that my plate didn’t look very clean. In fact I noticed the corner we were seated in had a bunch of dust like they had been doing a repair but didn’t bother cleaning. This seemed to be a trend as I noticed this on my frosted daiquiri glass. Then, my husband found a hair in his fries AND his fries shrimp.
Frankly, the only redeeming factor during our visit was how friendly the staff was.