All reviews full kitchen washer and dryer living room deep jetted tub separate shower time share pool area shuffle board toaster oven one bedroom unit basketball court sleeper sofa beach access ice maker large balcony first floor nice resort
Reviewed April 5, 2016 via mobile

Love the facility here found the most diverse bunches of sea shells and my first in the wild hermit crab. Other than that who can complain about a nice king suite? I'd stay here again! Pool and hot tub outside and the connect the beach to the hotel by wood decking.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2016

We've stayed at this property three times and it is a tough contender for ShanF's Favorite Hotel On The Island.

So obviously when you're on the island, you want to be near the water, not necessarily across a major thoroughfare to access the Seawall. I know some people love the 'wall, but when we go down to Galveston I want to be RIGHT on the water. (I sound like I'm doing a Beachfront Bargain Hunt intro.) Longer stays in Galveston are spent at beachfront home rentals so I'm a little spoiled, I admit. When your trip is a shorter getaway (or like us you are ferrying a kiddo to and from college) but you want direct access to the the beach without fighting for a spot, the sound of waves and wind through the palms and the ability to stretch out a bit, this is tough to beat.

Each stay was in a different part of the property so I'll just review each.

Poolside "first" floor Queen w/sleeper sofa, East side
Pros: Pool & ocean view at once, nice decor, comfortable bedding (I LOVE their bedding)
Cons: Small bathroom, windowless bedroom triggered a little claustrophobia, tiny completely unusable balcony, but easy enough to just claim the pool area as your balcony anyway.

Center, pool view, "3nd" floor Queen/sleeper sofa
Pros: Loved this room! Larger than the East room, the balcony was much larger and my daughter and I spent many hours just hanging out watching kids splash around in the pool or gazing out to sea. So incredibly relaxing. The bedroom in this one shares the view. No claustrophobia here. Larger bathroom, as well, though still just a standard tub/shower.
Cons: Not a single one. This was a great room.

Western-facing (no pool view) rear-of-the-property wheelchair accessible room, 3nd floor King/sleeper sofa
Pros: Nice room, again bigger than the last. I was uncertain how our view would be, as we checked in late and all I could see was the highway, but was pleasantly surprised with a gorgeous sunrise. The view from my pillow was of the gulf (and partially of the Pocket Park directly adjacent; more on that in a minute) streaked pink and orange with first light. As an ADA compliant room it featured a walk/roll-in shower, plus a large and super-inviting-on-a-cold-night jetted tub, as well as accessible sinks. The kitchen was much larger and I could see doing some actual cooking on future stays. (Though I'd never request an ADA compliant room as we're able-bodied. We rec'd it as the luck of the draw.)
Cons: That jetted tub? I had my Kindle, I had my wine... and the handles leaked so that you had to put a towel around them while filling the tub, and the jets didn't work. My night was RUINE... ok, it wasn't the end of the world and that bath still felt amazing given the cold and blustery weather.

Each room is nicely decorated, the linens are fantastic, the beds are average to slightly above-average and housekeeping does a superlative job. Really, it's spotless. The kitchenettes range from "yeah, I'd toast a bagel here" to "hey, let's go to Katie's Seafood Market and then Randall's..."

The only real con to the entire property is also it's biggest pro: Location. You cannot beat the beachfront but be prepared during the high season: the hotel is directly adjacent to the Frank Carmona Beach Pocket Park so you might see more beachgoers than expected. But hey, you're staying in a family-friendly resort and there will be a LOT of kids here during the summer anyway, so I'm sure you're prepared for that.*

*And by that, I mean "don't forget to get beer/wine/spirits before you head to the hotel" if you imbibe, as the hotel is located a few miles from town.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank shanflanagain
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2016

Wow, this is one of most informative, detailed reviews of Galveston Beach Resort we've ever seen! Your comments are so much appreciated and will be a great help to anyone thinking of visiting us for the first time. It's a real joy to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us and to read what you liked about various aspects of each stay. Please come to see us again soon, and don't be shy about letting us know how you found everything! Thanks for your great review!

Reviewed March 26, 2016

We love this resort because of the proximity to the beach, the infinity pool and the comfortable accommodations! We owe with Holiday Inn Club Vacations and this is by far our favorite place to go. The staff is friendly, kind, caring and very courteous! I highly recommend staying here when visiting the island!

Room Tip: There is no bad view from the balcony! All rooms overlook the pool with a view of the beach!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2016

We booked a suite at this resort again after enjoying our stay a few years ago. We got a smaller suite this time, but it was plenty comfortable for myself and my daughter.

We cooked breakfast every morning, so we could just relax in our PJs. There is a Walmart about 4.5 miles away to stock up on anything you need. I loved having a washer/dryer so we didn't need to bring as many clothes. The DVD selection was great, and free! We checked out a DVD every night and made popcorn in our room. They have movies playing in the rec room also with free popcorn, but we liked getting in our PJs and climbing into bed!

The resort is right on the beach also. No need to cross a busy street like most of the Seawall hotels. Pick up a couple of cheap lawn chairs are Walmart, or bring your own. Also maybe a beach umbrella if staying during the hottest summer months.

The kitchen was equipped with a blender, so I was able to make my own delicious pina coladas on a budget!

Room Tip: Call the resort directly to find out about rooms/options (409-632-9607) before you book thru Holiday Inn Reservations (they're clueless).
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank AllenSingleMom
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2016

What a genuine delight to read about the lovely time you spent with your daughter at Galveston Beach Resort! There's something about a cozy home-away-from-home environment, coupled with a beachfront location and view, that makes for a fantastic vacation! We hope you'll come and see us again soon. Thanks for your charming and thoughtful review!

Reviewed March 21, 2016 via mobile

Stayed over spring break in a lockout 2 BR EAST. Very nice rooms well decorated and clean. Very friendly and helpful.

Pool is small and the resort does not provide beach chairs. The beach is extremely hard and uncomfortable without a chair.

Also, the beach is not like FL beaches. The sand is dark and compact. The water is also quite dark as a result. Difficult for kids to play. Broke bucket right away. Nice to walk on though. Lots of debris on beach. City needs to get a cleaner.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Guide141196

Thank you for your kind comments about the accommodations and service at Galveston Beach Resort! We make every effort to ensure our guests are comfortable while they're with us. Your feedback about the beach area is appreciate, and we hope you will give us your consideration for a future trip to the Galveston area. Thanks for taking the time to submit your review!