“Great place to stay”

Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Georgetown, Texas
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

First of all, it meets my most important criteria - very clean. After that all the rest was a perk - friendly staff, close to the beach (1/2 a block to the light to cross, then onto the 61st access), a good breakfast, rooms were quiet and a small balcony with a pretty decent view.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Pflugerville, Tx
Reviewed 15 May 2012

My wife and I had reserved a room from May 13, 2012 through May 17, 2012. On the night of May 14th around 11 PM there was a lot of commotion in the hall. My wife looked out and saw 20 something men kicking a ball and rolling around on the floor. She told them to stop it. Approximately a half-hour later, I was awoken by the telephone. It was the front desk. The lady there said that two other rooms had complained about us making noise and that someone had also said that we had a dog in the room. I explained to her about the earlier noise and she was not willing to listen and said that we were going to have to leave. In all of my years I have never seen anything like this. This was evidently the work of the people that my wife had told to be quiet earlier. I asked to speak to the manager. I received a call back from the manager, James Marx, who immediately began cursing me and told me that the police were on the way. This person was the worst example of a manager that I have seen in my over 50 years of traveling. In addition, he wasn't even onsite to speak to in person. When the police came I asked them to see if there was a dog in the room and they responded that they were just there to make sure that we left. When we left I told the police to let me know if any found my non-existent dog. My advice if this situation happens to any of you in the future, call the front desk and the police. Don't let someone turn it around on you like this. Also, stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank PflugervilleDoug
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, 19 May 2012
Our property has a zero tolerance noise property, because we care about our guest having a good night's sleep. When we get multiple complaints on a single guest, we have no choice but to act. No other guest reported anything about the "20 people kicking a ball" in the hallway at midnight, and the clerk did go up to the hallway to check on this, and found no one in the halls. This is an interior corridor property, so it would be very noisy if this were true. Had this guest simply left when asked, instead of yelling, the police would not have been called. He hung up on me the first time I called to speak to him, saying I wasn't the manager. I am sorry this guest was asked to leave, but we have to take care of ALL of our guests.
east texas
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Thought this particular Quality Inn was decent and pretty typical of a 2 1/2 to 3 star facility. Staff at check-in was extremely friendly and found us a room with a balcony facing the gulf. Elevators were super slow, but not that big of a deal. We didn't use the indoor pool or hot tub, but parked close to it and did see a staff member cleaning and checking both every day. Since it's getting to be full blown summer, if an indoor pool wasn't what you wanted, you could use the outdoor pool of the sister property which was steps away. All in all, nice experience from a hotel of this rating that stays extremely busy throughout the year....

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amanda a
tulsa
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I booked this hotel for 1 night precruise. I had to pay over $200, which I have not ever paid that much for a 5 star hotel in Las Vegas!!! I picked this based on the other reviews. I knew it was not a 5 star hotel, but the reviews said it was clean and it was one of the few available on a short notice, (now I know why). Obviously my standards of clean are much higher or I got a bad night. Both elevators smelled like a wet dog. We had the 4th floor and it reeked of cat urine!! The carpet was not vacuumed, nor was the bathroom. There was a piece of food under the air conditioner. The balcony rail was pvc, and had a crack in it. Very dangerous for the kids to be out there.
We could see the ocean from our room, the staff were friendly and the location was within walking distance of Kroger and a couple of restaurants. My husband said the pillows were the size of an ice cube, (little exaggerated, but they were very small). The breakfast was just ok. I think its a shame how the price of the rooms jump up for the night before the cruise ship takes off. This is not worth more than $60 a night for any night!!
I would have not stayed here for more than 1 night and I will never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank ousooner66
I would like to apologize for the odor in that particular hallway. I have to assume you are refering to the one that had an air conditioner leak, and it smelled musty until we could get that small area totally dried. I can not speak to the problem in the room, because you never spoke to me about any of these issues, and I have no idea what room it was. Our rates are in line with the rest of the island, and it it is not unusual for rates at beachfront hotels to be high on warm weekends. If the cruise had been on a weekday, you would have found the rates at under 70.00, which is less than most area hotels for the same night. We have had many comments from other guests on what a great value or hotel is in Tripadvisor. I hope you will give us another chance to win your business in the future.
Watertown, South Dakota
Reviewed 8 May 2012

This hotel was very average in terms of amenities, but it was a great price. Service was very good, parking was easy, and it IS right on Seawall Blvd. But it is about 6-8 blocks away from most of the good restaurants and better beach area. But I'd stay here again...

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

I was a little afraid of what I would get at $59 a night (during the week.) I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were great...... clean with a good view of the ocean, comfortable bed, large flat screen tv, a refrigerator, microwave, iron and ironing board, and blow drier. There was a small table and chairs in the room and on the balcony. The employees were very nice My only (very minor) complaint was the pillows. They were small and square, and I would have preferred that they be regular sized. Overall though I was very happy there and will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 5 May 2012

A "great value" on a budget. Nice rooms, excellent service, very close to the sea wall. Neat out door balcony with a wonderful view of the ocean. We had a room on the top floor (5th) and let me say, if you threw a potato chip in the air sea gulls will great it within a foot of your hand.

Room Tip: Be sure to get the 4th or 5th floor.