“If you have not made it to their new location it is time”
Review of Stuttgarden Tavern

Stuttgarden Tavern
Ranked #51 of 330 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed October 2, 2018

I have been a couple times since they opened and they offer mostly the same familiar menu with a new location and great views of the harbor. I like to go on Wednesday nights for their steak and wine specials. Make sure you sit on the third floor balcony.

Reviewed September 18, 2018

My husband and I ate here on a Saturday afternoon. I really liked the fun setting of this place. I have never been to Germany, but this is how I picture some of their restaurants.

We started our order with an order of their cheese sticks. They were delicious! They are made with pepper jack cheese. We really enjoyed them.

I ordered the Gouda Bratwurst and my husband ordered the bratwurst on a bun. He had a spicy brat. I have to say that I did not like my brat. It was dry and did not have a lot of seasoning. It is quite possible that I just don't like German brats because I do like others, but I like mine to be a little juicy. My husband said his was okay but he would not order it again. We both ordered the homemade chips as our side. I did not like them at all. They tasted burnt to me but my husband really liked them.

We were disappointed in the brats, but we definitely liked the cheese sticks. We will probably give this place another try in the future and try something other than the brats.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

First, the food is fine. The food may the best that has been served in this location that has been a restaurant graveyard over the years despite being in the Strand - Cruise Terminal area - Harbor area. But . . .

I do not expect "Dog friendly" restaurants to fawn over the dogs. But, here are my warnings if you plan to bring your pooch: (1) the downstairs patio has a TV to watch sporting events, but a different alcoholic beverage menu due to the first floor being on a different liquor license (no hard alcoholic drinks, no beer on tap); and (2) the 2nd floor patio is simply a glorified smoking area with no TV to watch any sporting events. So, if you intend to take your dog, grab some food, and watch a sporting event - eat downstairs. If you intend to take your dog, grab some food, watch a sporting event, and throw down a draft beer or a Margarita or two while watching and eating - go somewhere else.

Oh yeah, about option 1 . . . do not plan to be in a hurry. Do plan on reminding your waitstaff about things like water, the drinks you ordered, plates and utensils to go with the food you ordered, and changing the channel that they said they would do 15 minutes ago. Also, be on the lookout as your meal is delivered to a table somewhat near you.

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

I don't think we will be visiting the new location anymore.
They have recently moved into the Fuddruckers location. Service is so bad.I won't even go into it. It's been mentioned before.But the food is excellent.
There really are more places to visit , with better service.
Skip it !

Reviewed August 13, 2018

We went for lunch on the last day at Galveston. The restaurant was not very busy. My husband went to the bar to look at the beers and talk to the bartender first. Glad he did because the waitress took forever to come to our table. We enjoyed a flight of beers ordered from the bar to try to decide what we wanted. We ordered the sauerkraut balls and cheese sticks to start and they did not disappoint! The German food was quite tasty! The prices were moderate. The special was a Long Island Tea for $4. Good thing we had some beers because the waitress was not in to refilling our waters. There were only a couple of tables but she never asked if needed anything or offered any suggestions! The food was worth the stop though.