We booked this hotel because of the "kitchen" and the price. We are a retired couple on a lengthy road trip and wish to have the option of preparing our own meals.
The on line photos are exactly what you are getting. Our unit was on the 3rd floor and we had an ocean view from the balcony. The hotel is across the street from the seawall and a small sandy beach area. We were able to sit on the balcony and see and hear the waves from the gulf.
Check in was smooth, staff very pleasant . The unit is showing its age in it's decor and ammenities. It was clean, bed was comfortable, towels were plentiful, housekeeping staff excellent.
The fully equiped kitchen had a few minuses.......would like to have had a colander/strainer, salad or mixing bowls, veggie peeler, drying rack for doing the dishes, scrubbie for the pots and pans a sharp knife or two !
The unit can sleep 6 but would be very crowded with 6 and not enough seating for 6 .The Master BR with its Queen bed is small and the bed is against a wall , not great if you have to get up at night! Our rate of 80.00 seemed appropriate for what we got. When we inquired about 2 extra nights (Fri/Sat) because it was Spring Break the price more than doubled......I would never spend 160.00 on this unit !
It worked for us, but was not a unit worth close to 200.00, but I guess you pay for the location and the season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted Best Condo Rental on the Island! Our on site Galveston team personally handles your reservation when you book direct. We guarantee the best service, rates & packages! Casa del Mar Beachfront Suites - always a super value; ideal for a family vacation or a weekend getaway for two. When you’re looking for the ideal lodging choice, why stay in an ordinary hotel when you can have all the comforts of home in a beachfront suite ? Casa del Mar Beachfront Suites are a super value, ideal for a family vacation or a weekend getaway for two. Each fully furnished suite offers a private balcony for you to relax and enjoy the view as well as a small living area with a newly remodeled studio kitchen. There is a small private bedroom with a queen size bed and in the living area, a queen sofa sleeper and a set of Junior bunks designed for small children under the age of 10. We have two tropical pools (one seasonally heated), a trellised Bar-B-Que area, laundry facilities and Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all suites and throughout the property. Our beautifully landscaped property also features conference and catering facilities ideal for family reunions, small groups and corporate retreats. Casa del Mar is conveniently located right on the Seawall beachfront, central to all of the Island's great restaurants, shopping and favorite attractions. Relax by the pool, take a sunset stroll on the beach or enjoy Galveston's rich Island history. Casa del Mar and Galveston Island offer something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Beachfront Hotel Galveston
- Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites Galveston