All reviewsacross the streetstove toppots and pansqueen bedheated poolseawall blvdup to dategulf viewspring breaksea wallpoolsmarttubsvrbocruise
Reviewed May 3, 2018

Booked this condo through our vacation club for a sisters weekend and it was well worth what we paid. We stayed in Building 1, unit 1303 (3rd floor). The unit was clean when we arrived. We were told there would be starter packages of paper products (paper towels, toilet paper, garbage bags) and bought some at the nearby WalMart to supplement during our stay, but for the 2 of us we need not have bothered as we started with fresh rolls of everything. Dishwasher soap (5 pacs), dish soap (1 small), body soap (2), a kitchen towel (1), bath towels (4 sets I believe) were all provided. No shampoo, conditioner or beach/pool towels so bring your own.

Every unit in this complex has a view of the gulf. Building 1 is right on Seawall Blvd, so it definitely gets both traffic noise and Gulf of Mexico wave noise. Our 2 bedroom unit had 2 queen beds (one in each bedroom) and 2 bunk beds in a separate sleeping area (I would consider this a 3 bedroom, although I don't think that the 3rd room had a window - just bunk beds). Every room had a closet - the queen rooms closets were full size but not walk in. Plenty of room for vacation clothes for 2 people per room. There was a safe in one bedroom closet - not sure about the "master" bedroom. The "master" bedroom was towards the front of the condo and was definitely the louder of the two. It had a very pretty bowed window with a spectacular view of the Gulf of Mexico, but no seating there. The furnishings in each room were sparse but in good condition. There were TV's in the master and rear bedrooms and the main living area. The master bedroom had a vanity area separate from the toilet/shower area. The 2nd bathroom had a toilet and sink with a large mirror. All bathrooms were accessible from both bedrooms and the living area. The unit says it sleeps 8 - with 8 people, one shower and only 2 toilets might be a problem.

We did not do any cooking while we used the unit, but there is was a 2 burner electric stove. No oven. Our unit was one of 2 (I'm told) that had a full size fridge. All others have mini fridges. I saw that there were plenty of glasses, dishes and cooking equipment in the unit. There is a dishwasher in the kitchen - ours was pretty loud.

The unit is sparsely decorated. The pictures on the walls were pretty. I would say overall the unit shows some wear and tear, but it was a nice stay and we felt the location was good. It was quite windy during our stay and the wind whistled through the closed balcony door and windows. We could not get any of the windows in the unit to stay open so that was a bummer. The a/c worked, but I felt it was still a bit warm even when set at 70 degrees. Many units have a metal gate at the door that keeps people from getting to your door but ours did not. This gate also keeps people from accessing the 2nd bedroom window, so we were not comfortable opening that window at all without the gate. This should be replaced, but it appears to have been missing for a while. The building has an elevator which worked just fine.

The grounds are nicely landscaped and the pools were wonderful. There are 2 pools - a heated adult pool with a beautiful waterfall area and a kid pool with a water feature. Our weather wasn't good enough for us to use the pool more than once, but it was nice when we did use it.

We were pleased with the location of this unit and enjoyed our stay in Galveston. The beach was easily accessible and there were plenty of restaurants in the area. I did not see any souvenir shops very close to us but I might have missed them. There are plenty closer to Pleasure Pier which was about 3 miles northeast of the condo. I'm already planning a return trip with my husband.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed April 29, 2018

Long story short..they have not a clue what is going on there. We were sent to two different condo units before we got the right one. We finally got into the room at 6:00 pm and are trying to get out of here as soon as possible this morning.

We're staying in a hotel rented unit. The unit is not well maintained and needs many repairs (holes in the curtains and dirty, paint peeling, old trashed laminate furniture, rust stains on the sheets, etc, etc).

I have serious doubts about the cleanliness of this place as well. Yuck... Is all I can say.

The management of this property should be ashamed of charging for such poor quality. There is no way we would ever stay or recommend this place again.

We also experienced a lady right across from us throwing up over the balcony at 9:00 in the morning and also witnessed her throw a tube of butter over her balcony. This is one reason that this place is so run down.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Marci G
Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

Do not stay at this place!! We stayed at this place (building 9) two weeks ago and this is what happened to us. BEDBUGS!! I have never had this happen to me before and I am furious!! I don't think they clean the rooms very well and definitely they don't maintain them. The couch was torn and looked like a dumpster, the towels were stained, and the comforters on the bunk beds were disgusting. I lost two days of work and had to go to the clinic. What a disaster.... never ever again!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fraggle504
Reviewed January 29, 2018

our room # was 9203 it was very nice it was clean, oldish but really nice. I was afraid to go here after reading so many bad reviews but our room had no problems . the only negative thing I would say would be the elevators were too slow.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jo E
Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in unit #6305. It was beautifully decorated, comfortable, and very clean. The view from the balcony was priceless. The restaurant on the property was a plus.
It is always fun to stay on the island but this stay was exceptional because we selected the perfect unit to stay in. We will definitely rent this unit again!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple