“Nice Change”

Soulman's Barbeque
Ranked #190 of 345 Restaurants in Garland
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

I had the combo special with shredded beef and cabbage. The cabbage was cooked with sausage and jalapeño! It was very flavorful. I needed extra sauce to go on my average chopped beef sandwich. In will be going back when I get a craving.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I had a family member who worked here and sliced her finger open in the pico de gallo and they still packaged it and sold it. They told her it wasn't that bad and later that night she had to get five stitches because they didn't take her to the hospital.

2  Thank Cyork22
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Just learned from "foody shows" on TV "hard black burned pieces Soulman's put in bar-b-cue sandwiches are call "burnt ends" by some and are considered a delicacy by others?
For years doctors have said "any thing you carbonize/turn brown/burn turns into a chemical which is bad for your body.
Dr. Oz was cautioning viewers again last week.
Never hear much about this and once again goes back to personal taste and care for one's body.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

I have been dining at Soulmans for 25 years. It was always consistent, plenty of food, great flavor. Now, I really wish I knew why things changed. I just had take out for lunch today and I felt like I was eating cardboard! I dined there in January and felt like it was declining in quality. Today, there was no quality-no flavor, the location is really looking old and worn, and the size of portion was ridiculously small.
I will not return. There are too many other establishments that believe in quality for my hard earned dollar.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

This place has the best sausage I have ever eaten!
I find myself going back to this place regularly!
It's a small place with a nice atmosphere & it's kept clean.
This is one of those restaurants where you don't pay for the atmosphere & get so so food!