“Wow! Found by complete accident!”
Review of Soulman's Barbeque

Soulman's Barbeque
Ranked #268 of 370 Restaurants in Garland
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

We were getting ready to head back to San Antonio but wanted to eat somewhere unique to Dallas. We left our hotel (Hyatt Place) on the Turnpike and headed into Garland. We wanted barbecue and found Soulman's and decided to stop. Boy are we glad we did! Brisket was lean, delicious with perfect smokiness! The sides are lined up for you to select what to add to your meal. We tried the spicy beans, creamed corn, coleslaw and potato salad. Beans could've been spicier but the rest of the sides were delicious. I especially loved that potato salad. The sides included dessert items such as banana pudding and fried pies..will try those next time! Nice final touch was the free self serve ice cream cones! Will definitely be back when in Dallas!

Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

Good prices with great bbq! I really like their coleslaw and bbq sauce. You can buy bulk fAmily packs for reasonable prices, always packed on Sunday's!!

Reviewed May 26, 2016 via mobile

I like to consider myself of somewhat a barbecue aficionado. I have eaten at barbecue places all across the country. I've been working in Garland and Rowlett quite a bit here lately and have been to a lot of barbecue places in the area. My review focuses mostly on the tenderness of meat and smoke flavor as I find that most of the Texas barbecue sauce is somewhat consistent no matter where I go. I really enjoyed the brisket and turkey. It had a slight smoky flavor and was tender, so tender I did not even made the knife to cut it. I also really appreciated that I could get up to meet plate and my choice of vegetables and I was able to choose the vegetables and scoop them myself. Add to that a generous serving of tea and it is a meal fit for a true southerner.

1  Thank sdf66
Reviewed December 28, 2015 via mobile

First time at a Soulmans, and had theis combo. The baked beans were done right and not too sweet, as ws the shredded brisket. Meatvwas not overcooked and the house bbq sauce had just the right amound of tang. If I'm ever back in Dallas expect to find me here sometime during my stay.

Reviewed June 25, 2015

It was okay. Not the top 10 Qs I've eaten, but maybe I don't like Texas BBQ as much as others. Kansas City, St. Louis, Memphis, North Carolina. That said, here are some hints for visitors:
There is no bbq sauce on the tables. Get it when you get your food, cafeteria style (a great way to get bbq, btw).
The first steamer pan is bbq sauce. It's not gravy, so don't put it on your mashed potatoes.
There is one sauce. That's it.
They claim they're "not stingy with their meat" but they don't overwhelm you, either. Just sayin'
Their sides are okay. Our group tried several, and nothing jumped out at us.
So, worth the stop? We were hungry and didn't want fast food. Glad we tried it; don't think I'd go there again. People were nice, decor was fine.

Been to Soulman's Barbeque? Share your experiences!