“Poor quality brisket served with to go order”
Review of Soulman's Barbeque

Soulman's Barbeque
Ranked #190 of 345 Restaurants in Garland
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 23 August 2017

The counter hides the cutting and preparation for your meat to be served. Tonight was the third time I have encountered Mr. Nunn, the Store Manager, to fill my order of a pound of brisket to go. You pay for brisket either sliced or chopped, all for the same price. Each time Mr. Nunn serves my family the left overs of a brisket that is filled with fat and grease. The end pieces are so burned you can't possibly eat them. This is a real disappointment to someone who has been patronizing this location at least once a week since they opened. I am confident that he would not serve this to someone eating in his restaurant, however, he thinks he can push this inferior quality off on those of us who take it home to our family. Next visit if I see him behind the counter I will just walk out!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Came here for lunch with a colleague on a quick work trip. So fast and delicious! We had the pulled pork combo sandwich with two sides (cole slaw and mac + cheese). So yummy and affordable! We also each had a small portion of the banana pudding, which was fab, too. Glad we were able to enjoy some BBQ during our short visit.

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

We were getting ready to head back to San Antonio but wanted to eat somewhere unique to Dallas. We left our hotel (Hyatt Place) on the Turnpike and headed into Garland. We wanted barbecue and found Soulman's and decided to stop. Boy are we glad we did! Brisket was lean, delicious with perfect smokiness! The sides are lined up for you to select what to add to your meal. We tried the spicy beans, creamed corn, coleslaw and potato salad. Beans could've been spicier but the rest of the sides were delicious. I especially loved that potato salad. The sides included dessert items such as banana pudding and fried pies..will try those next time! Nice final touch was the free self serve ice cream cones! Will definitely be back when in Dallas!

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Good prices with great bbq! I really like their coleslaw and bbq sauce. You can buy bulk fAmily packs for reasonable prices, always packed on Sunday's!!

Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

I like to consider myself of somewhat a barbecue aficionado. I have eaten at barbecue places all across the country. I've been working in Garland and Rowlett quite a bit here lately and have been to a lot of barbecue places in the area. My review focuses mostly on the tenderness of meat and smoke flavor as I find that most of the Texas barbecue sauce is somewhat consistent no matter where I go. I really enjoyed the brisket and turkey. It had a slight smoky flavor and was tender, so tender I did not even made the knife to cut it. I also really appreciated that I could get up to meet plate and my choice of vegetables and I was able to choose the vegetables and scoop them myself. Add to that a generous serving of tea and it is a meal fit for a true southerner.

1  Thank sdf66