All reviews iced tea oak trees adirondack chairs get away old trees feather bed town square live oaks chef lupe historic building manicured grounds large conference room private bath bowl of fresh fruit relaxing trip reading material school reunion
Reviewed September 7, 2018

My partner and I had the most wonderful experience here. Our every need was taken care of and more. We enjoyed sitting by the pool and enjoying the beauty of the trees as well as the comfort of our sweet room in the historic building. The hosts, Mike and Lori, helped us to enjoy our stay by taking care of our requests, but also because they were so relaxed and really seemed to enjoy their role as hosts. The food was delicious. And we even were treated to wine and cheese while another guest played piano!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

We held a Celebration of Life for my brother in law on June 2 here at the Inn. We held it outside overlooking the river. Many of his friends stayed here as well. My beloved brother in law lived on the river just down away from this hotel. These people were nothing short of fantastic. The owner of the hotel personally helped us set up chairs and made sure that everything was perfect for our solemn occasion. I wanted to give them a 5 stars as they were so generous and congenial in taking care of us. My hat is off to the owner of the Inn on the River.

I highly recommend that you stay here and enjoy the river and Glen Rose.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2018

This was my first B&B, and it was just perfect! From the cookies and tea upon arrival to the lovely breakfast, I couldn't have been more relaxed and happy. The room was cute, cozy, and surprisingly quiet and private. The grounds were so beautiful and well-maintained,

Room tip: Take a stroll around the grounds and enjoy a drink by the river.
Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2018

Stayed here for my nieces wedding - which took place nearby. Everything was fabulous. The interior design of the Inn, the grounds and overall atmosphere - just lovely. My bedroom was a good size - but then all the rooms seemed a good size. Lovely decor. The food was also amazing, really top quality. What topped this all off was Mike - nothing was too much trouble - he was so unfailingly pleasant and helpful. I was asked at the last minute to organise some bouquets and Mike was just brilliant- telephoning the local florist for me to see if the shop were open and then picking the bouquets up later in his car! I was so impressed and touched by his kindness; and that level of service was there for all the guests the whole time we stayed. If I lived in the USA I would definitely be a regular visitor to the Inn on the River. Such a charming and beautiful place.
For some reason I can't click the hotel ratings for service and cleanliness etc on the web page - but these would all be 5 stars.

Room tip: The floorboards in the first floor bedrooms creak a little as you walk on them, so maybe a problem if you are sleeping on the ground floor.
Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Mike L, Owner at Inn on the River, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Thank you so much. What a nice review. Lori, the staff, and I all love this place and hosting guests like your group is amazing. We have the opportunity to meet great people from around the world. The entire group was fun and left us with a smile from the kindness shared throughout the weekend. If you are ever in the states, please come and see us again.

Mike

Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

We take a trip every year, around April to celebrate our anniversary. This was year 15 and we have been to some great places over the years. Savannah, Georgia, Banff, Gatlinburg, Asheville just to name a few. This place ranks right up there with the best we’ve been to. The inn was extremely clean, well decorated and the grounds were outstanding! The owner, Michael, was especially accommodating during our stay with any dietary restrictions we had. The food was really good. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mike L, Owner at Inn on the River, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2018

Thank you Jeff for visiting us. We feel pretty special with you celebrating your anniversary here and thank you for allowing us to host you. The Review is very kind and we hope to have you back again soon.

Your Host,