Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Aissa M

Relaxing Getaway

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 15, 2017
I had the luxury of staying the night in a cabin at Rough Creek Lodge and Resort. As soon as my party and I arrived, we were greeted with warm welcoming faces. I instantly felt at home.
We did two outdoor activities during our stay. We shot clays with shotguns and then threw the tomahawks. I went into the clay shooting very nervous and scared since I had never shot a shotgun before. The guide was fantastic at walking me through it and making sure I was well prepared and safe before I took my first shot. I would highly recommend anyone whether you’re a first-time shooter, or have been hunting your entire life, to go!
After the tour and activities, we had dinner. I would say this was my favorite part, but to be honest, the entire stay was my favorite part. The food was amazing. I went with the Mahi Mahi, which was a great choice. The sundried tomatoes on the side were cooked perfectly. Dessert was a dark chocolate molten cake with lots of fresh berries. Every bite felt like heaven.
The cabin we stayed in had three bedrooms and a loft. It was perfect for a group like ours, or even two families coming on vacation together. There was a full kitchen and a full living room with a fireplace. Upstairs was the children’s room with a few sets of bunk beds, and a television so kids can play while their parents hang out downstairs.
Overall, Rough Creek was one of the most amazing vacations of my life. I will ten out of ten recommend it to anyone! There is literally something for EVERYONE there! No one person will ever be left out at Rough Creek Lodge and Resort.
Date of stay: January 2017
Room Tip: Get the quail!
Trip type: Travelled on business
    C$92
  • Algotels
18.3 km from Rough Creek Lodge
View more hotels in Glen Rose
All reviews zip line skeet shooting great escape get away great activities something for everyone rock climbing wall dfw metroplex petting zoo kids buffet bunk beds whole family spring break fitness center fossil hunting beautiful scenery my dad
Selected filters
Reviewed February 15, 2017

If you are looking for a memorable and truly relaxing getaway, Rough Creek Lodge and Resort is the place for you. I cannot say enough good things about the experience I had during my recent stay. Our group consisted of four women, and we participated in two outdoor activities while we were there. The five stand clay shooting and tomahawk throwing. Our wildlife guide Wayne, made each one of us feel comfortable despite various levels of experience with a rifle. Participating in the outdoor activities allows you to truly experience the beauty of the Texas Hill Country.
We stayed in a guest house, and it was extremely welcoming and spacious. Perfect for both large and small groups, the house had three bedrooms with an additional room upstairs with bunk beds for children. Not to mention three bathrooms and a full kitchen! We were able to light the fireplace and relax after dinner. Speaking of dinner, it was phenomenal. The food, the waitstaff, the atmosphere, all very elegant yet cozy at the same time. I highly recommend the Roasted Chicken Dish! It is luxury comfort food at its finest.
The staff of Rough Creek Lodge and Resort really made me feel like I was important during my stay. The special attention to detail by the staff really makes this place unique. I cannot wait until my next stay!

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Lauren H
Reviewed February 11, 2017

There is something for every family member to do - hunting, shooting, spa services, pony rides, archery, tomahawk throwing, fishing, zip line, rock climbing wall, etc. Most of these activities are included in your stay. We especially enjoyed skeet shooting with Huff! Huff did a great job teaching our grandson to shoot. We will definitely go back!

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RC C
Reviewed February 4, 2017

This was our third visit to RC. We had another family go with us as well. Highlight of our visit was the nighttime safari. So worth it with kids! Our guide pulled over and stopped towards the end just because we wanted to see the amazing stars! (Deep in the heart of Texas!) The kids also really enjoy the zipline, the lazy river and the (stinky but you have to go! So fun!) dog kennels. We appreciated the complimentary kids club at night that let us have a "adult" dinner before collecting them again to roast smores over the firepits. As far as the food goes the breakfast and lunch are good but the highlight is dinner. Amazing!! Seriously, some of the best dinners we have ever had have been at RC! I loved seeing the chef in the greenhouse in the afternoons collecting herbs for that evening. The rooms are gorgeous. Highly recommend the suites for families. Even the times we have been there when they were at capacity the resort never felt crowded. We have been in the summer and the spring with summers being our favorite.
The spa is ok. That would be the only area I think could use some improvement. Not at the high level as the rest of the resort. But the clay shooting is excellent. I had a ok massage and facial while my husband did the wobble traps. Then I joined him for clays with our guide who was really encouraging and patient with me! (and had us laughing most of the time!)
Is it expensive? Well yes but it's worth it! You'll leave renewed and relaxed and wanting to return!

Date of stay: March 2016
2  Thank leslic34
Reviewed January 26, 2017

I had wanted to stay at Rough Creek for awhile, always sounded like a fun and fancy full Texas experience! It seems mainly for corporate retreats these days. Rooms show significant wear, service was definitely in NO way "5 stars," but rather friendly and minimal. We had a light lunch, their 3 course dinner, and buffet breakfast. That plus our room came to a whopping $1000. Wow. We were going to do archery, but we, as "leisure guests" got bumped by a corporate group. There were not enough waitstaff at dinner. Fun, shooting and hunting possibilities, for those interested, Given their reputation for great food, their french fries were terrible and the lava cake had no lava.... Some of the food was brilliant however, such as their steaks and quail.

Room tip: Cabins are meant for large families and were more like a bunkhouse
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
10  Thank Sidney B
Reviewed January 1, 2017

We spent the week after Christmas at the Rough Creek Lodge. It was a terrific experience. The quality of service is very high at RC. RC is very easy to get to from the DFW Area. It was just a two hour drive from the far side of the DFW Area (Allen). Once you are at RC, you are in the middle a tranquil environment. We enjoyed the meals, riding Kawasaki Mules on the property, shooting clay pigeons, outdoor fireplaces, dog kennels, horse stables, petting zoo, zip lines, hiking trails, outdoor fireplaces, hardwood decor, fishing at the lake and evenings in the Great Room. Would go back to Rough Creek at any opportunity!

Room tip: Kids loved the rooms with he bunk beds. Some suites have fireplaces.
Date of stay: December 2016