Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ana G
Fort Worth, Texas

Gorgeous boutique style resort

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 15, 2017
Gorgeous boutique style resort overlooking the countryside- all rooms face the water We stayed in a detached cabin with 3 bedrooms and an upstairs bunk room. The cabin was perfect for the four of us that stayed. We did not utilize the upstairs bunk room but it would have been perfect for children. We were a group of four ladies enjoying the resort. The cabin was rustic chic with all modern amenities.
The resort grounds were phenomenal and felt serene and peaceful with all the comforts of home.
Rough Creek Lodge and Resort offered amenities that do not compare to any resort such as five stand shooting, tomahawk throwing, paint ball, zip lining, and not to mention the spa and the great pool area!
The restaurant was amazing. The quality and service of dinner was beyond expected. I had the corn soup, filet mignon and pecan pie. The chef also sent over the quail and sausage that were just over the top.
Overall my experience has led me to tell everyone I know about Rough Creek Lodge and Resort. Amenities, service of staff and the personalization and attention to detail goes a long way and made us all feel liked valued guest.
Rough Creek Lodge staff far out did themselves.
Stayed February 1, 2016 for business.
Date of stay: January 2017
Room Tip: Dinner is amazing!
Trip type: Travelled on business
    19.0 km from Rough Creek Lodge
      C$361
    24.2 km from Rough Creek Lodge
    View more hotels in Glen Rose
    All reviews zip line skeet shooting great escape get away great activities something for everyone rock climbing wall dfw metroplex petting zoo kids buffet bunk beds whole family spring break fitness center fossil hunting beautiful scenery my dad
    Selected filters
    Reviewed February 15, 2017

Where do I even start!? Rough Creek Lodge and Resort was an amazing experience. My group and I had the opportunity to get to stay overnight. We took a guided tour, which was amazing. Our guide was such an inspiring man, and full of life.
    We were able to do two outdoor activities while we were there. My favorite activity was the tomahawk throw because I was actually good at that. We also had the chance to shoot shotguns. This was very fun, and the guide for that particular activity was helpful and very patient with our group.
    I would take my whole family to Rough Creek Lodge in a heartbeat if I could. When I got onto the property, it instantly felt like home. Not to mention, the staff was amazing! Everyone we met was so welcoming and bubbly. They were ready to assist us with anything we needed in a professional manner.
    My favorite part of the trip was dinner, of course, I’m a little piggy. I come from a small town, so we never really had “good food” from where I am from. The food at Rough Creek was AMAZING. I started off with the sausage appetizer, and chose the rib eye steak for my entree. The steak was cooked perfectly. Last, best of all, dessert. I had the molten chocolate cake, and it was TO DIE FOR.
    I would highly recommend “The Lodge”! The cabin we had the pleasure of staying in was 4-bedroom guesthouse. It was a lovely cabin that would especially great for a big family, it has so much space for everyone.

Reviewed February 15, 2017

I had the luxury of staying the night in a cabin at Rough Creek Lodge and Resort. As soon as my party and I arrived, we were greeted with warm welcoming faces. I instantly felt at home.
    We did two outdoor activities during our stay. We shot clays with shotguns and then threw the tomahawks. I went into the clay shooting very nervous and scared since I had never shot a shotgun before. The guide was fantastic at walking me through it and making sure I was well prepared and safe before I took my first shot. I would highly recommend anyone whether you’re a first-time shooter, or have been hunting your entire life, to go!
    After the tour and activities, we had dinner. I would say this was my favorite part, but to be honest, the entire stay was my favorite part. The food was amazing. I went with the Mahi Mahi, which was a great choice. The sundried tomatoes on the side were cooked perfectly. Dessert was a dark chocolate molten cake with lots of fresh berries. Every bite felt like heaven.
    The cabin we stayed in had three bedrooms and a loft. It was perfect for a group like ours, or even two families coming on vacation together. There was a full kitchen and a full living room with a fireplace. Upstairs was the children’s room with a few sets of bunk beds, and a television so kids can play while their parents hang out downstairs.
    Overall, Rough Creek was one of the most amazing vacations of my life. I will ten out of ten recommend it to anyone! There is literally something for EVERYONE there! No one person will ever be left out at Rough Creek Lodge and Resort.

Room tip: Get the quail!
    1  Thank Aissa M
    Reviewed February 15, 2017

If you are looking for a memorable and truly relaxing getaway, Rough Creek Lodge and Resort is the place for you. I cannot say enough good things about the experience I had during my recent stay. Our group consisted of four women, and we participated in two outdoor activities while we were there. The five stand clay shooting and tomahawk throwing. Our wildlife guide Wayne, made each one of us feel comfortable despite various levels of experience with a rifle. Participating in the outdoor activities allows you to truly experience the beauty of the Texas Hill Country.
    We stayed in a guest house, and it was extremely welcoming and spacious. Perfect for both large and small groups, the house had three bedrooms with an additional room upstairs with bunk beds for children. Not to mention three bathrooms and a full kitchen! We were able to light the fireplace and relax after dinner. Speaking of dinner, it was phenomenal. The food, the waitstaff, the atmosphere, all very elegant yet cozy at the same time. I highly recommend the Roasted Chicken Dish! It is luxury comfort food at its finest.
    The staff of Rough Creek Lodge and Resort really made me feel like I was important during my stay. The special attention to detail by the staff really makes this place unique. I cannot wait until my next stay!

Date of stay: February 2017
    2  Thank Lauren H
    Reviewed February 11, 2017

There is something for every family member to do - hunting, shooting, spa services, pony rides, archery, tomahawk throwing, fishing, zip line, rock climbing wall, etc. Most of these activities are included in your stay. We especially enjoyed skeet shooting with Huff! Huff did a great job teaching our grandson to shoot. We will definitely go back!

Date of stay: February 2017
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    1  Thank RC C
    Reviewed February 4, 2017

This was our third visit to RC. We had another family go with us as well. Highlight of our visit was the nighttime safari. So worth it with kids! Our guide pulled over and stopped towards the end just because we wanted to see the amazing stars! (Deep in the heart of Texas!) The kids also really enjoy the zipline, the lazy river and the (stinky but you have to go! So fun!) dog kennels. We appreciated the complimentary kids club at night that let us have a "adult" dinner before collecting them again to roast smores over the firepits. As far as the food goes the breakfast and lunch are good but the highlight is dinner. Amazing!! Seriously, some of the best dinners we have ever had have been at RC! I loved seeing the chef in the greenhouse in the afternoons collecting herbs for that evening. The rooms are gorgeous. Highly recommend the suites for families. Even the times we have been there when they were at capacity the resort never felt crowded. We have been in the summer and the spring with summers being our favorite.
    The spa is ok. That would be the only area I think could use some improvement. Not at the high level as the rest of the resort. But the clay shooting is excellent. I had a ok massage and facial while my husband did the wobble traps. Then I joined him for clays with our guide who was really encouraging and patient with me! (and had us laughing most of the time!)
    Is it expensive? Well yes but it's worth it! You'll leave renewed and relaxed and wanting to return!

Date of stay: March 2016