Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
cacoates
Atlanta, Georgia

Luxurious Stay!

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 15, 2017
I have come here several times for business now, and I'm always impressed. The food is top-notch; my colleagues and I joke that we need to lose 5lbs before we go so that we can eat everything we want. Each meal is so savory and delicious.

The rooms are very luxurious, and I've even stayed in one of the houses which was fun--that one was 2 story, had a game room, full kitchen, etc.

The resort has so many options for entertainment; you can really make your stay as active or as restful & relaxing as you want.

My only complaint is that the fitness center is incredibly small and thus doesn't have much room for many people or equipment. Given all the land/space, it would be nice to have a larger, nicer workout complex, esp one that could offer some group fitness classes. (This is the only reason I'm giving it 4 rather than 5 stars).

Due to the location, this property can be hard to find at night. The lighting on the roads isn't great in the evenings, so try to arrive before dark.
Date of stay: October 2016
    C$92
  • Algotels
18.3 km from Rough Creek Lodge
View more hotels in Glen Rose
All reviews zip line skeet shooting great escape get away great activities something for everyone rock climbing wall dfw metroplex petting zoo kids buffet bunk beds whole family spring break fitness center fossil hunting beautiful scenery my dad
Selected filters
Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

Just visited for our second time. We have kids 5 and 8.5, they LOVE it. Endless activities, good food, great service! Beautiful place. Will go again! I recommend to anyone with kids! Have not gone without kids, but plenty of adult activities also.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank alex g
Reviewed August 9, 2017

We were enroute back from Central Texas to home location - DFW-area... and in need of a good rest stopover, lunch, and break from the monotony of a long drive.

We were familiar with Rough Creek Lodge from Safari Club and Dallas Safari Club gatherings, however had not taken the time out to visit, although a number of our friends raved about the attention - service, food, atmosphere, hotel/lodge stay.

Our two adults and two (near) adult children thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience. The server (Travis) was most attentive, helpful, and good was excellent...

Four different people - and four different starters and main courses... each exceptional - I know, because I tried all of them... sort of table sharing!

Highly recommend the restaurant... and we plan to come back when more time allows for an overnight stay, dinner, etc.

Room tip: N/A - as this was a "lunch" stop...
1  Thank David P
Reviewed August 8, 2017

Just returned from another visit and am impressed with all of the enhancements being made. A batting cage under construction and the fitness center being totally revamped (my 13-year old son approves of both of these projects) provide new and improved activity options. The family pool remains a great way to cool off and a one-hour Mule rental and trek to the top of Gunn Mountain are staples. The fish were biting and don't forget the food, food, and more food. Put your diet on hold during your visit. The overall best thing about RCL is the staff. Everyone makes you feel like family. Can't wait to get back soon.

Room tip: Just ask when booking. So many rooms have Murphy beds now it is so much easier to sleep people comfortably. My son loves the Murphy bed.
2  Thank Chuck M
Reviewed August 5, 2017

Well this is our 2nd trip to the Rough creek Lodge, and it was Amazing.. We were yet again pretty much the only family in the pool area. We had the best time going down the slide, it is a small but very fast slide.:) Dinner was AMAZING!!! My steak was excellent.
This is a pricey place to stay and it would be nice if they gave a discount on the 2nd night. There is plenty to dowhile you stay out here. Very secluded. There are water bottles all over if you get thirsty. Ice cream for the afternoon. Nice family time.. WE Love it here just wish it was a little less expensive. Thanks for a great time.

Date of stay: July 2017
2  Thank laurenking1981
Reviewed August 2, 2017

Amazing family pool, incredible food, game room, zip lining, jump house....and INCREDIBLE SERVICE! You will not be disappointed I can assure you. I have 4 small boy and no time to even write this but they were so awesome that they deserve me doing this! Go for a one night get away at least: )

Room tip: We have kids and loved the king room with a pair of murphy twin bunks...awesome!
Date of stay: July 2017