Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
NatalieCF16
Rowlett, Texas

Bachelorette Weekend A+

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 21, 2017via mobile
Even during the hottest months of the year, our trip to Rough Creek Lodge was nothing short of AMAZING! I went in knowing that this is a family oriented place, but was very pleased to learn how well they accommodated a loud group of women in their late 20's/early 30's!

Food:
For dining, we were given a private room which was not only great for the other guests trying to enjoy a quiet and relaxing dinner without cackling women, but at the same time it made our group feel well taken care of and special. A 3 course meal was included in our package. I ordered the Caesar Salad, Salmon & Brussel Sprouts, and the Chocolate Lava Cake with Ice Cream. I'm so glad I did! Everything was delicious!

Service & Staff:
I'm highly impressed with how the staff professionally accommodated our not-so-professional group of women. Specifically speaking, Brandon (our dinner waiter) did an outstanding job providing top notch customer service and made the bride-to-be feel special and well taken care of! (Thank you Brandon!) The staff throughout the entire resort area were really great.

Rooms & Accommodations
We stayed in the Mallard Guesthouse which was absolutely PERFECT! The house had everything we needed. A full size kitchen, 3 full bathrooms, 3 bedrooms, a game room, towels, dishes, toilet paper, etc. It was a beautiful home away from home with all the accommodations and a VIEW! Outside of our screened in back porch grazed horses in front of a beautiful mountain range.

Activities:
During the day we zip-lined, threw tomahawks, pet/fed the animals, lounged in the main lodge area, had drinks at the main lodge bar, and enjoyed the beautiful scenery and VIEWS!

This place was perfect for our outdoorsy group of women and I definitely plan on going back with my husband and daughter!
Trip type: Travelled with friends
    C$92
  • Algotels
18.3 km from Rough Creek Lodge
View more hotels in Glen Rose
All reviews zip line skeet shooting great escape get away great activities something for everyone rock climbing wall dfw metroplex petting zoo kids buffet bunk beds whole family spring break fitness center fossil hunting beautiful scenery my dad
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2017

The $75 meal was beautifully prepared and served although I prefer salmon a bit less cooked. The service was excellent and deserved the 21% "Service Fee." It could be argued that this typed of dining room should not have video screens, but the Cussing Cook's contentious program should not have been glaring on the ginormous display opposite the view of the countryside afforded by a wall of large windows.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2017

I have come here several times for business now, and I'm always impressed. The food is top-notch; my colleagues and I joke that we need to lose 5lbs before we go so that we can eat everything we want. Each meal is so savory and delicious.

The rooms are very luxurious, and I've even stayed in one of the houses which was fun--that one was 2 story, had a game room, full kitchen, etc.

The resort has so many options for entertainment; you can really make your stay as active or as restful & relaxing as you want.

My only complaint is that the fitness center is incredibly small and thus doesn't have much room for many people or equipment. Given all the land/space, it would be nice to have a larger, nicer workout complex, esp one that could offer some group fitness classes. (This is the only reason I'm giving it 4 rather than 5 stars).

Due to the location, this property can be hard to find at night. The lighting on the roads isn't great in the evenings, so try to arrive before dark.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

Just visited for our second time. We have kids 5 and 8.5, they LOVE it. Endless activities, good food, great service! Beautiful place. Will go again! I recommend to anyone with kids! Have not gone without kids, but plenty of adult activities also.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank alex g
Reviewed August 9, 2017

We were enroute back from Central Texas to home location - DFW-area... and in need of a good rest stopover, lunch, and break from the monotony of a long drive.

We were familiar with Rough Creek Lodge from Safari Club and Dallas Safari Club gatherings, however had not taken the time out to visit, although a number of our friends raved about the attention - service, food, atmosphere, hotel/lodge stay.

Our two adults and two (near) adult children thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience. The server (Travis) was most attentive, helpful, and good was excellent...

Four different people - and four different starters and main courses... each exceptional - I know, because I tried all of them... sort of table sharing!

Highly recommend the restaurant... and we plan to come back when more time allows for an overnight stay, dinner, etc.

Room tip: N/A - as this was a "lunch" stop...
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank David P
Reviewed August 8, 2017

Just returned from another visit and am impressed with all of the enhancements being made. A batting cage under construction and the fitness center being totally revamped (my 13-year old son approves of both of these projects) provide new and improved activity options. The family pool remains a great way to cool off and a one-hour Mule rental and trek to the top of Gunn Mountain are staples. The fish were biting and don't forget the food, food, and more food. Put your diet on hold during your visit. The overall best thing about RCL is the staff. Everyone makes you feel like family. Can't wait to get back soon.

Room tip: Just ask when booking. So many rooms have Murphy beds now it is so much easier to sleep people comfortably. My son loves the Murphy bed.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family