Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
drkashepherd
Dallas, Texas

Country Chic at its finest.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 28, 2017
Since I sold my personal lakehouse this spot has become my go to to escape the bustle of the city.
My kids love the lazy river at the family pool and all the daily activities.
There's also an adults only pool when you want to escape. The rooms are comfortably luxurious and each has its own private balcony that looks onto the lake.
The restaurant is 5 star and the ambience with the view over the lake is wonderful.
If hunting is your thing, you will not be dissapointed with the options.
Date of stay: September 2017
Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for an upstairs room, the wooden balcony is noisy when kids run...
Trip type: Travelled with family
      C$91
    • Skyscanner.com
    18.3 km from Rough Creek Lodge
    View more hotels in Glen Rose
    All reviews zip line skeet shooting great escape get away great activities something for everyone rock climbing wall dfw metroplex petting zoo kids buffet bunk beds whole family spring break fitness center fossil hunting beautiful scenery my dad
    Selected filters
    Reviewed September 14, 2017

We are frequent guests of this first class retreat in the Texas Hill Country. We consider RCL our home away from home, and its stellar quality is one of the few guarantees that we enjoy in life. The accommodations, staff, activities, and dining all add up to the gold standard for the perfect family getaway. As sad as we are each time that we leave, we are comforted by the fact that we'll back at least a couple times every year.

Room tip: Most rooms have a view of the lake. Cabins are removed from the action, but noise isn't a problem anywhere in the resort.
    Date of stay: September 2017
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

Rough Creek Lodge has been a destination of choice for 14 years this October 2017. We have a basic membership which you can ask management about.

It is situated on 11,000 acres of ranch land with a main lodge and numerous homes that can be rented out also. There is a wedding chapel on the property where you can worship, meditate or have your wedding. Very picturesque.

Main lodge has a large fishing lake in front of the lodge. There are a multitude of other activities. Shooting sports, lazy river family pool. Upland game bird hunting, horseback riding......some activities that are complimentary and others they charge a fee for.

They have a spa and excellent therapists that can compete with any luxury 5 star spa any else in the world.

Love love love this place! Great resort!!!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

Even during the hottest months of the year, our trip to Rough Creek Lodge was nothing short of AMAZING! I went in knowing that this is a family oriented place, but was very pleased to learn how well they accommodated a loud group of women in their late 20's/early 30's!

Food:
    For dining, we were given a private room which was not only great for the other guests trying to enjoy a quiet and relaxing dinner without cackling women, but at the same time it made our group feel well taken care of and special. A 3 course meal was included in our package. I ordered the Caesar Salad, Salmon & Brussel Sprouts, and the Chocolate Lava Cake with Ice Cream. I'm so glad I did! Everything was delicious!

Service & Staff:
    I'm highly impressed with how the staff professionally accommodated our not-so-professional group of women. Specifically speaking, Brandon (our dinner waiter) did an outstanding job providing top notch customer service and made the bride-to-be feel special and well taken care of! (Thank you Brandon!) The staff throughout the entire resort area were really great.

Rooms & Accommodations
    We stayed in the Mallard Guesthouse which was absolutely PERFECT! The house had everything we needed. A full size kitchen, 3 full bathrooms, 3 bedrooms, a game room, towels, dishes, toilet paper, etc. It was a beautiful home away from home with all the accommodations and a VIEW! Outside of our screened in back porch grazed horses in front of a beautiful mountain range.

Activities:
    During the day we zip-lined, threw tomahawks, pet/fed the animals, lounged in the main lodge area, had drinks at the main lodge bar, and enjoyed the beautiful scenery and VIEWS!

This place was perfect for our outdoorsy group of women and I definitely plan on going back with my husband and daughter!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
    Reviewed August 17, 2017

The $75 meal was beautifully prepared and served although I prefer salmon a bit less cooked. The service was excellent and deserved the 21% "Service Fee." It could be argued that this typed of dining room should not have video screens, but the Cussing Cook's contentious program should not have been glaring on the ginormous display opposite the view of the countryside afforded by a wall of large windows.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed August 15, 2017

I have come here several times for business now, and I'm always impressed. The food is top-notch; my colleagues and I joke that we need to lose 5lbs before we go so that we can eat everything we want. Each meal is so savory and delicious.

The rooms are very luxurious, and I've even stayed in one of the houses which was fun--that one was 2 story, had a game room, full kitchen, etc.

The resort has so many options for entertainment; you can really make your stay as active or as restful & relaxing as you want.

My only complaint is that the fitness center is incredibly small and thus doesn't have much room for many people or equipment. Given all the land/space, it would be nice to have a larger, nicer workout complex, esp one that could offer some group fitness classes. (This is the only reason I'm giving it 4 rather than 5 stars).

Due to the location, this property can be hard to find at night. The lighting on the roads isn't great in the evenings, so try to arrive before dark.

Date of stay: October 2016