Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Lauren B

Perfect vacation for adventure loving families!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks ago
Rough Creek Lodge is such a great place to go with kids! The activities are ENDLESS and kept my 3 boys busy the entire time we were there! If we werent on the water slide we were playing pickle ball, putt putt, climbing the rock wall, doing the zipline, fishing, boating, hiking, etc, etc, etc. One night we dropped the kids off at the amazing kids camp and had a beautiful adults only dinner! So much fun for the entire family! 10/10 will be going back!
Date of stay: June 2024
    • StayForLong
    • Lol.travel
    21.4 km from Rough Creek Lodge
    View more hotels in Glen Rose
    All reviews zip line skeet shooting great escape get away great activities something for everyone rock climbing wall dfw metroplex petting zoo kids buffet bunk beds whole family spring break fitness center fossil hunting beautiful scenery my dad
    Selected filters
    Reviewed June 1, 2024

Hands down, one of our best family trips yet. Such a great experience with my kids and the most accommodating staff! Will be back very soon! Dalton at the front desk made us feel like royalty… in fact the entire staff did! Wishing we had book about a week longer to enjoy the peaceful experience more.

Date of stay: June 2024
    Reviewed May 26, 2024

Our recent visit to rough Creek Lodge was amazing from start to finish.
    The staff was friendly and helpful, greeting us as we walked around the grounds and asking if there was anything they could do to make our stay better. They were gracious in granting our request, such as… Seating us away from crowds and children in the dining room, so us to have a quiet place to converse during our delicious meal.
    The food is outstanding! I so wish it was closer so that we could just dine there in an evening. The choices aren’t numerous, but carefully picked so as every diner can find something that matched their taste. The steak and salmon or outstanding. Even the buttermilk lime dressing is incredible. The desserts of chocolate lava cake, and the banana pudding Brulé worse totally amazing.
    The rooms are extremely comfortable with good lighting, comfortable beds, and comfortable rocking chairs on the patio.
    There are numerous activities to enjoy both inside and outside.
    You can’t be disappointed in a stay at Ruff Creek Lodge

Room tip: Be sure to take clothes both for dining and for Outdoor activities. The hiking trails are lots of fun and they’re also water activities.
    Date of stay: May 2024
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed April 17, 2024

When planning a Spring Break trip for my son and me, I struggled to think of something a 16-year-old boy would enjoy with his mother. Rough Creek Lodge was the perfect destination. My son and I had an incredible time. He LOVED the activities we signed up for like skeet shooting and long-range rifle shooting. The RCL staff did an incredible job with him, teaching him safe gun practices and how to improve his aim. Their knowledge and skill, coupled with their authenticity and kindness, resulted in a teenage boy actually listening to the people in charge. Also, the food at RCL is incredible. I had to stretch my budget to afford this trip, but it was worth every penny and I have no regrets. It was a lifelong memory for my son and me.

Room tip: Sign up for bowling one night and also use the awesoem pool tables in the bowling alley.
    Reviewed April 10, 2024

My parents have never been to RCL, I couldn't wait to take them there. We had a wonderful dinner. My dad said he had "the best Sazerac of his life" that night. We stayed at one of the Ranch Estate houses. We enjoyed coffee while watching the sunrise and making smores during the sunset by a fire. The staff is always so friendly and helpful. They cannot wait until I bring them back!

Reviewed April 3, 2024

Amazing experience. I can't say enough about the food. Absolutely amazing! Dinner and Breakfast come bundled with your room which makes everything so convenient. During dinner, the executive chef, Gerard Thompson took time to come speak with us - really made us feel at home. This is a great get away from the city. Would recommend 10/10!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple