“Worse Than I Expected”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Glen Rose
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

I read a few of the negative reviews prior to booking here and figured there was some exaggeration to the complaints. Nope! The carpet in my room was so sticky, my foot made an audible sound as it lifted off the floor. The hotel smelled overwhelmingly of stale smoke. The light in the bathroom was burned out, and the water pressure dropped down to almost nothing multiple times during my shower. The TV was so pixilated that I gave up and watched something on my phone. The beds were hard and cheap with the ratty, torn box springs exposed. There were several large stains on the desk chair. The breakfast was limited, but it was passable. Overall, I will do my best to avoid this place in the future.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 April 2017

In reading some of the other reviews, I was a little skeptical about staying here. But the price was "right" since we had been in another town the night before and spent more than usual on an upgraded room so I took a chance on this hotel. I didn't experience any of the problems others have. From the outside it looks VERY new but the inside is not. Yes, obviously it's an older hotel but ALL hotels can't be brand new everywhere you go. It didn't smell bad to me at all, bathrooms were clean, beds were clean, rooms were clean, check-in took less than five minutes and very efficient, breakfast was good and well stocked. BEST part for me was the room stayed cool enough ALL night. I usually have problems with that in other hotels so I really enjoyed that. Only problem we had was the cable didn't work on the TV when we got there. The lady at the front desk came in our room and checked/fixed it and never had any other issues. Fairly close to town. I would stay here again if ever in the area. Go to the bar/grill called Hollywood & Vine downtown. Really cool place and great bar food/cold beer!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I made a reservation thru Expedia for Quality Inn. There is no cancellation policy anywhere on their Internet site. I called four days in advance to cancel the room when I found out my son's mountain biking race had been cancelled due to weather. Quality Inn refused to give me my money back. I am disgusted with the customer service with both Expedia and Quality Inn. I will make sure to avoid both companies in the future.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy E
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Can't ask for better service and perks for the price. This hotel is well located if you are going to visit any of the various attractions in town. Well kept place, very clean, with excellent beds and linen.
The hotel offers a nice hot breakfast and the staff could not be more helpful. Another great perk is their swimming pool, loved it's lighting and the temperature was as good as it gets! Can't wait to return!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Dirty, old and unpleasant hotel. The hotel had a moldy odor. Check in took over 30 minutes with only one person in front of us. Beds had no skirt on bottom just bare mattress. No comforter just a very thin blanket. Pillows had black moldy spots on them. AC would not turn off using controls had to unplug. Bathroom was in need of update. Toilet paper holder was rusted and pitted. Tub had black caulking instead of white. Beds were hard and lumpy. There were only 5 tables in the breakfast area so we had to take our food elsewhere to eat. Breakfast was not restocked well. I took the last sausage at around 8am and they never put any more out even though breakfast was open until 9. Eggs were dry and awful. Front desk was slow and unwelcoming. They never smiled or greeted us kindly. Never thanked me for being an elite gold member. I booked this hotel for the indoor pool which was closed for cleaning during the evening until 830pm. At 830 it opened but it is very small and was soon too overcrowded with kids and unsafe for younger kids. I would not recommend this hotel. It needs renovated, deep cleaned, deodorized, new beds and linens, new ac units. Also there was a camera installed on the top of the tv which was a bit unnerving.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Our family booked two rooms for a Thanksgiving getaway in Glen Rose. Having stayed in many places around this country and others, we felt no negatives at all except for lack of Internet connection on our end of the long hallway extending from the lobby. This was not at all a deal breaker because we had to walk only a few steps down the hallway or go to the lobby for good connections. Had we been on business, our review could be different.

Cleanliness, comfort, quiet, breakfast, friendliness - all were exceptional. Recommended, especially when others in the immediately area charge significantly more.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

We have stayed at several of these chains. We have been very pleased with all of them. The rooms are clean and good size, breakfast is great, the staff friendly, and there is always coffee water and snacks available. Pool area is very nice as well. Oh bed are comfy too!!

Stayed: October 2016
21.1 km away
Days Inn Granbury
Days Inn Granbury
#6 of 13 in Granbury

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!