See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 8, 2015

Well to start. I usually dont write reviews, because Im not a person that would express my feelings with writing about them. My wife of 30 years is a school teacher and she usually does all the writing, but this time I felt like writing this review, because it was very deserving. Back in march 2015 my wife and I decided to take a vacation away from our hustle and bustle of stressful life. I got on the internet and found this little country town (Granbury) to get away to relax and indeed it was that. I looked for a bed and breakfast to stay at and found this one ( Texas Heritage Cabins) and it was the most pleasant
experience we had in a long time. The cabin was like what you would see in a old western movie but better. It had a lot of old western relics like you would see in a
museum inside and outside of the cabin. It made us fill like we went back in time to the old western days, but with the comfort and commodities of modern living. We have stayed in several bed and breakfast houses, but I think this one top them off. Not only did we get the rest and relaxation we were hoping for, we were treated with respect and privacy from the wonderful host (Owners) As a matter of fact they never came down to the cabin to bother us the whole stay we were there, because I think they know people come there to get away and rest and they respect that. If you want loud, partying being around a lot of people this is not the place to be. This is a place to relax and enjoy the wonders of country living with the sites and sounds of true nature God made before human destroyed it. Thanks again for wonderful relaxing experience.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank sweetnights
Reviewed May 5, 2012

What a gem! Booked both cabins for a birthday gathering of 5 women, ranging in age from 13-76 years. We wanted a quiet place to catch up and catch our breath...It was wonderful! Everyone, young and old loved it. It was not as secluded as I expected, but it didn't matter because once you were on the porch you stepped back into time. The furnishings were comfortable, an electric fire and lovely music greeted us when we walked in. Plenty of juice, breakfast items, water, snacks and our favorite...chocolate. The jacuzzi tub was great, comfortable beds and the linens were superb! Ona was so lovely and attentive prior to our visit. We all called it our "Little House on the Prairie" vacation. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank dkcandclc
Reviewed March 18, 2009

Although the directions were definitely clear, my husband and I were a little nervous pulling up to the West room in the Granbury Log Cabins, but I don’t know why.

We walked into a charming cottage playing ambient music. The room was beautifully laid out, with a comfortable bed, a crackling fireplace (not a real fire), and rocking chairs.
The room smelled really nice, and there were bits and pieces of home and thoughtful touches everywhere.

The bathroom was very nicely sized with a great whirlpool tub, plenty of towels, great smelling bathwash and room for two.

The loft was fun with a few games and a comfy futon.

Like most B&Bs there was a nice selection of food – cereal, muffins, fruit, bottled water, a fridge with milk and two types of juice, coffee, breakfast tacos, and a croissant breakfast sandwich. Nice plates, bowls, and silverware were also provided. Best part – it’s all on your schedule. You eat when you want.

Climate controlled with satellite television and ceiling fans (in the cabin room as well as on the porch), we didn’t want for anything on our romantic retreat. If you did, the town of Acton is really close, and Granbury is less than a 15 minute drive.

If you are looking for a secluded spot not too far away from the world, I suggest you try the Granbury Log Cabins. Make sure to tell the ostriches hi.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Kristy M
LogCabins, Owner at Granbury Log Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. Just wanted you to know we are still here having romantic get-aways. Visit us again.

Reviewed May 22, 2006

If you're looking for a B & B that's a little isolated, and you want a natural surrounding, try the Granbury Log Cabins.

They are about 5 miles out of town in the Acton community on a hill overlooking Lake Granbury. There are actually two cabins separated by a dog run. Great if you have two couples that want to go to the same destination.

The cabins are faithful recosntructions of a 1867 log cabin, but you do have modern amenities such as a TV, microwave and satellite TV. But the floors creek just like a log cabin and there is a cool loft with a futon. You can sit up there and play games or let the kids sleep upstairs.

If it's just you and the spouse, enjoy the large, whirlpool tub for two! From your front window you can watch an ostrich pace in a fenced pen about 50 yards away.

We only stayed one night, but wished we had booked it for two. Please keep in mind that these cabins are not for those who want to be pampered or have a gourmet breakfast. But if you like a little isolation and romance, give the Granbury Log Cabins a try.

11  Thank MGuyWaco