Comfort Suites Grand Prairie
US$139
US$115
US$97
Country Inn
Quality Inn & Suites(Grand Prairie)
US$84
QualityInn
All reviewsindoor poolstay there againsix flagsthe breakfast areaoff the highwaynice staybedsprairiemuralssofa
Reviewed September 27, 2010

My step father who is eighty-four lived in Texas for 52 years. He is now dialysis and requested that we make one last trip to his beloved state to visit old friends. The main reason we chose this hotel was that they advertise “Sorry-No Pets”. It was also near the clinic where he would receive his treatments.

Upon arrival we were informed that hotel was booked due to a Dallas Cowboy’s game and a school soccer tournament. The accommodations were average and the staff polite.

After driving for ten hours, unpacking for a week stay, we settled in for a hopefully a good night rest. The bed was a little soft for my comfort, but adequate. The first thing we noticed was the loud noise from the traffic on the interstate.

The next problem we encounter was kids running down the hall and slamming doors. I arose and told them to clear the halls. One kid told me that the noise was coming from other kids that were supposed to be housed on the floor below and that he was out looking for his coach. I informed him that I would locate his coach by calling the front desk. Needless to say, it was a sleepless night.

My step father was to receive dialysis the following day, so we arose early to have a quick breakfast and locate the clinic before his treatment. When the elevator doors opened, the first thing we saw was a couple with a pet on a leash. Knowing that people on dialysis must avoid pets due to hygiene, we immediately went to the front desk and ask why there was a pet in the hotel when they advertise, “Sorry-No Pets”?
We were informed that an extra fee is charged for Pets. We explained that the advertisement “Sorry-No Pets” was the reason that we chose to stay at their facility. The clerk said she was sorry, but that was their policy.

I wanted to move to another hotel, but my parents were tired from the trip and had just unpacked and felt at their age it was too much effort. They said we would just make the best of a bad situation. We went on to breakfast nothing to brag about.

The following morning another couple brought their pet to breakfast with them. During our stay we encounter three pets at the hotel that advertises, “Sorry-No Pets”. I advised the staff that this review would be written.

The printer did not work in the business center. We were also charged an extra $10.50 for an in room safe that was not used during our stay. Needless to say, I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank bmbrown
Reviewed August 28, 2010

This is a very very nice facility. Only 2 yrs old. very plush bedding, nice bldg, etc. However, the traffic on the freeway just outside and the noise from the room air conditioners make sleeping soundly extremely difficult. I was there last night and really didn't sleep much. The other party with me to whom I recommended the hotel because of the Choice brands, agreed. The noise from the freeway is just unfortunate for such a nice facility but the noise from the air conditioners in a nice hotel is just poor poor planning. Add all of this on top of the attempted $75 deposit "for incidentals", i.e. we'll give it back to you if we feel like it, at check in, just make this a stay way. It's unfortunate because it's such a nice place. I wouldn't stay again. My sleep while traveling is too important to me.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank buytheplace
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Stayed here for two nights. New hotel. Rooms were nice with two comfortable queen beds and pullout loveseat than makes a twin bed. Refrigerator and microwave also. Bathroom was good also with decent lighting. Good location with lots of restaurants in the area. Easy to get to. Was a bit noisy the first night due to a large amount of Asplundh workers staying there who left very, very early and tromped down the stairs and shouted to each other in the parking lot. The second night was quiet. Breakfast buffet was plain but adequate. The usual fresh fruit, juice, coffee, cereal, yogurt, pastries, premade eggs, biscuits and gravy, and make your own waffles. All in all a decent hotel for the price.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family