New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Comfort Suites Grand Prairie

Comfort Suites Grand Prairie
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Clean and convenient for us”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We chose this hotel because it was close to our tournament location and we got a negotiated rate because of the number of rooms we booked. For this class hotel, I thought it was pretty clean and comfortable. The front dest staff was okay, I can't agree with other reviewers that say the staff was "very customer friendly", they did their job of checking in and checking out customers. I didn't eat at the breakfast area, but kids said wasn't very good. The room was nice sized for the four of us, beds were comfortable and housekeeping did a nice job each day. Had a fridge and coffe maker. It's right on the highway so can be noisy. We had a small fan so ran that all night and only had slight road noise so weren't bothered by it. Our room overlooked a car repair or tire place so we could hear that until they close, but not a big deal. Overall, I would stay here again if in the area and got a good rate.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pontotoc, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Had a group of 47 here in November. Exterior was well maintained. Parking was very good. Desk staff were very customer oriented. Lobby nicely kept. Rooms comfortable and very clean. Free internet that worked good. Only concern with this Inn was the breakfast selection. Not much to offer for a mid-line Inn. But I will be back.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Food_man56
Odessa, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

This hotel was very clean and quite. The bed room had a fridge & coffee pot. but only 1 bag of coffee. Bathroom was very clean. Bottom line here is that the cleaning staff are really doing a great job.

The parking area had plenty of lights at night time.

But, the breakfast would have been better if they had kept the egg and cheese omelets hot and not ran out of syrup for the waffles.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from road noise as possible. This hotel is within walking distance of 5 place...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank oldfirefighter83
BekahJo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

My family of five stayed her for four days. We got a very good rate and there is free breakfast every morning until 9 a.m. It is about 10 minutes from Six Flags and 30 minutes from the American Girl Store, which were the reasons for our stay. Our room was very clean. The fold out couch is only a twin size bed, so just be prepared for that if you have more than five people. The kids did have a nice time in the pool when we went in the morning. It was a bit crowded at night. There are lots of restaurants next door that we enjoyed trying. All in all, a very nice stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

I have stayed at many hotels in this general area..Although I don't have any major complaints, overall I believe the hotel is just average..

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank cjc1977
Starkville, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

My step father who is eighty-four lived in Texas for 52 years. He is now dialysis and requested that we make one last trip to his beloved state to visit old friends. The main reason we chose this hotel was that they advertise “Sorry-No Pets”. It was also near the clinic where he would receive his treatments.

Upon arrival we were informed that hotel was booked due to a Dallas Cowboy’s game and a school soccer tournament. The accommodations were average and the staff polite.

After driving for ten hours, unpacking for a week stay, we settled in for a hopefully a good night rest. The bed was a little soft for my comfort, but adequate. The first thing we noticed was the loud noise from the traffic on the interstate.

The next problem we encounter was kids running down the hall and slamming doors. I arose and told them to clear the halls. One kid told me that the noise was coming from other kids that were supposed to be housed on the floor below and that he was out looking for his coach. I informed him that I would locate his coach by calling the front desk. Needless to say, it was a sleepless night.

My step father was to receive dialysis the following day, so we arose early to have a quick breakfast and locate the clinic before his treatment. When the elevator doors opened, the first thing we saw was a couple with a pet on a leash. Knowing that people on dialysis must avoid pets due to hygiene, we immediately went to the front desk and ask why there was a pet in the hotel when they advertise, “Sorry-No Pets”?
We were informed that an extra fee is charged for Pets. We explained that the advertisement “Sorry-No Pets” was the reason that we chose to stay at their facility. The clerk said she was sorry, but that was their policy.

I wanted to move to another hotel, but my parents were tired from the trip and had just unpacked and felt at their age it was too much effort. They said we would just make the best of a bad situation. We went on to breakfast nothing to brag about.

The following morning another couple brought their pet to breakfast with them. During our stay we encounter three pets at the hotel that advertises, “Sorry-No Pets”. I advised the staff that this review would be written.

The printer did not work in the business center. We were also charged an extra $10.50 for an in room safe that was not used during our stay. Needless to say, I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bmbrown
Covington, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2010

This is a very very nice facility. Only 2 yrs old. very plush bedding, nice bldg, etc. However, the traffic on the freeway just outside and the noise from the room air conditioners make sleeping soundly extremely difficult. I was there last night and really didn't sleep much. The other party with me to whom I recommended the hotel because of the Choice brands, agreed. The noise from the freeway is just unfortunate for such a nice facility but the noise from the air conditioners in a nice hotel is just poor poor planning. Add all of this on top of the attempted $75 deposit "for incidentals", i.e. we'll give it back to you if we feel like it, at check in, just make this a stay way. It's unfortunate because it's such a nice place. I wouldn't stay again. My sleep while traveling is too important to me.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
4.6 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Arlington-South
12.0 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Arlington North Hotel & Suites

Been to Comfort Suites Grand Prairie? Share your experiences!