All reviewstwo bedroom suitefull kitchenhome away from homegreat place to staybreakfast and dinnershuttle serviceexcellent stayfree breakfastthe entire staffbusiness staydfw airporti highly recommend this hoteloutlet mallconvenient locationfront desk stafffitness centerfireplace
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Had a king suite, bedroom was smaller than other HWS I have been in. Food both dinner and breakfast were good as usual. Breakfast had huge amounts of kids! Making waffles with no parents present mostly making a mess and noise. Was disappointing hottub was not working was really looking forward to it after long day shopping. Close by downtown, basspro and grapevine mills. Would stay again for sure!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank KarnaA
Sorina V, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you so much for your business . We are privileged that you stayed at Homewood Suites for your special occasion and hope you enjoyed your time in Grapevine. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 21, 2011

The hotel is in a great location for the Grapevine attractions. The room was nothing fancy, staff were nice, breakfast was good. they had 2 different types of eggs, sausages, bakery, etc

Located in the mall parking lot. easy access to freeways and attractions, Basspro shops across the street, legoland around the corner, gaylord and downtown grapevine 5 min drive

Had a basketball court out in the back

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kenpovegas
Sorina V, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 26, 2011

Room was very clean.
TV was new wide screen. Very homey.
We like to enjoy the room and did some gourmet cooking with Central Market Finds.
Had full kitchen, dishes, silverware, pans, but could have used a spatula and few more utensils.
Wine or champagne glasses would have been a nice touch.
Had a toaster that didn't work. Had coffeemaker, did work.
Another family was there having a Thanksgiving get together, which we thought was a great idea.
Bed was extremely comfortable. Kinda surprised it wasn't in a little room to itself, but since just the two of us, didn't really matter.
Free breakfast. Waffles, eggs, sausage...standard fare.
The staff was friendly.
Pool and hot tub indoors and sparkling clean. Pool was warm (I like) and hot tub was scalding! Complained about hot tub (Cannibals would have brought carrots and potatoes if we'd stayed in there!). Was told that 105* was just "where we keep it."
Funny, they had signs around the thermometer stating that it was unsafe above 104*. Pools and hot tubs are big deals to us when traveling, having bad backs.
No musty smells in there. Could have used a few more towels.
Anyway, the next morning the hot tub was 94* but no time to get in it by then.
Hotel was stone's throw from Grapevine Mills Mall (huge and wonderful) so we enjoyed the midnight Black Friday.
Would probably come back. The price was right.
Had enough going for it, such as looking and smelling clean, soundproof, good location and value...to make up for the few little complaints.

Room Tip: Believe there is a $75 pet fee.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank margalow

Reviewed November 8, 2011

I am truly stumped over any of the negative reviews I had read regarding this little gem of a place. From the staff to the quick and easy and FREE wifi hookup, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, Maybe they don't travel enough or just had unrealistic expectations. I actually was staying at the Gaylord and checked out since large resort style (and remote) properties are not my cup of tea.
The room was comfortable and immaculate. The staff superb- so superb I asked for everyone's name so I could name them in this review- Cynthia at the front desk who took my call seeking a more cozy hotel, BIll the shuttle driver who picked me up at the Gaylord (a FREE service I might add), Uamir the operations manager who went out of his way to ask if I was enjoying my stay or needed anything and the other shuttle driver Calvin, who happily took me where I needed to go. I mean what else could someone want? Free food...oh yeah, they offer that too! Great hot breakfast with a good assortment and a nice evening reception with a full meal (which I never had a chance to sample but how nice it was there if I wanted it- a menu was posted on the fridge in the room- oh yeah, there is a fridge in there as well, quite handy for my sodas. I don't know why I liked this place so much, but having stayed at some of the best hotels in the world (including the Waldorf, Ritz Carlton, etc.) this little Homewood held its own and managed to earn its spot in my heart.
I call em as I see em and this place is a gem.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank ARKSugarLand

I am so glad to hear that your stay at Homewood Suites was pleasant and timely. We definitely value your business and appreciate the affirmative feedback from you. Our doors are always open for your next stay!

Reviewed September 25, 2011

We always try to stay at a Homewood Suites because of the great rooms, service and anemities. This was our first stay at the property at Grapevine Mills. When first greeted at the receptionist desk, all was the norm ... very friendly, very welcomed. Walked into the room and knew instantly this was not the normal Homewood Suite layout. Found out later it was originally a Hawthorne Suites. Very, very small. No room to walk around the bed in bedroom. Sitting chair was next to couch with no space in between. TVs were very, very old. Air conditioner worked half of the time. Crickets were in the bathroom. Couch smelled of smoke. WiFi didn't work half of the time and were told to contact outside source. I will continue to use Homewood Suites, but not this particular property. I was so disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dmcdonald48

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us at Homewood Suites was disappointing. I understand your frustrating and I hope that we can make it up to.