After a long day flying we just wanted to check in and relax, but were told they didnt hav ethe king room we booked and paid for. We were then told check in is at 3, and its first come first serve, we explained we booked a king room not a queen and specifically paid extra for it, they aregued we didnt. We showed them we did. Regardless of check in time most travellers esp for busniess fly a long way to get there adn the room reserved should still be there, as I would have to pay for it regardless.
But it wasnt even that it was the overalll of well attitide. They then let us wait at the front desk over 20 min while they tried to get a room for us, finally htey gave us keys. Alas we got to the room and it was occupied! lucky we didnt walk in on the poor lady naked, she was shocked enough when we entered.
We trooped back downstais and were put into the presidential suite, a 15k per nite room. It was big. Ok. Big mostly. Not worth 15k.
Then in the AM we packed up and left our bags in the room and went down to swap keys. Well that was the way it should have went. Instead they looked at us like we had to heads when we said we wanted them to move our bags for us, then we had to do the ENTIRE check in process again, asked if we had a car, valet, swiped our credit cards- the whole thing. 20 more mins later we had keys and were finally off to our confrence.
Another thing that erked me was the resort fee. 15$ at check in per day which isnt included when you book online. Its just tacky. if you want another 15 dollars just make the room 15 more. Dont trick they system of travelocity etc by saying you are a resort and thus entitled to charge a resort fee at check in - just charge what you want upfront. It was not a cheap stay, we had to pay over 350 per night for a king room the week we were there for our confrence so just be upfront and charge up front. its just off putting.
The nice pool adn splash park is not anywhere close to the lobby, a shuttle is required to get there. So if you are planning on taking kids its quite inconvienent waiting at lobby with the masses for a shuttle to bring you there.
The pool at the hotel is not ok ofr little kids btw.
Pool side drinks and food were not really up to par either.
nor was the steakhouse in hotel - agian not bad- service was good, but typical tastes nothing exciting or WOW.
The entire experince there contiruned this was. It was not any one thing that was bad, the rooms were nicely decorated the lobby beautiful, but hte service level was just not up to par for a hotel like that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking new Gaylord. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from D/FW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center Grapevine, Texas
- Gaylord Grapevine