“Underwhelming Experience”
Review of Los Amigos

Los Amigos
Ranked #49 of 260 Restaurants in Grapevine
Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

I'm working in Grapevine and craving Mexican food. I see quite a bit of cars so decided to stop and try it out. I walk in and they have a fountain inside the entrance, which leads to another door to let you into restaurant. The fountain looks run down and very tacky. Once I get in, I was seated very promptly and received chips/salsa promptly. As I'm looking around, the restaurant is very clean so I decide to visit the restroom and it's also very clean. Once I went back to the table, the waiter wants to know if I'm ready to order, I haven't even had a chip. Let's start with the food. The chips and salsa were ok. I had to ask if they had any other salsa that was a bit hotter, he says, "yes, but will need to charge you for it". It cost $1.49 and definitely not worth it. There was no flavor, just a bunch of heat. The original salsa just tasted like tomato's and very watery. I decided to order the combinations fajitas since there was a decal on the window that specified, best fajitas. A few minutes later, I receive my food and nothing is sizzling. The chicken was very bland and beef was a bit under seasoned and tough. The sides were ok, but not memorable. If in the area again, I will eat at another establishment.

1  Thank mondo30

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

The front of the restaurant is not standing out, but just by looking at parking lot always full you get the sense that it's good place.

That's very low profile, small place with low lights and the specials written on the boards

The menu has the traditional day to day Mexican cuisine. And every thing tastes delicious. The bean soup, the guacamole, the salsas.

Last time I had the Barbacoa, and that was amazing.

Portions are well served at a fair price, service is very good.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

Comfortable, delicious cheap fresh TexMex. Been there 3 times and it is all good! Reminder, no alcohol served at lunch.

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

This place had a variety to offer at good prices. We enjoyed the fajita and pollo a la poblana. It was so good that I forgot to take pictures!

Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

I love Mexican food and this restaurant has one of the best salsa I ever had, the only disappointment was the limonada was not fresh

Been to Los Amigos? Share your experiences!