“Sunday stroll”

Main Street Bistro & Bakery
Reserve with OpenTable
Main Street Bistro & Bakery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 253 Restaurants in Grapevine
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Main St. specializes in handcrafted breads, pastries, and gourmet cuisine using traditional methods from France and Europe. We also specialize in wedding cakes and desserts. Our gourmet cuisine consist of both breakfast and lunch menus. We also provide catering from Corporate lunches to wedding reception. Critics and the public agree with the numerous awards that Main Street has been given such as " Best Neighborhood Restaurant" by D Magazine and " Best Croissant in DFW" by Dallas Morning News. So come join us for a great breakfast or lunch experience. Also if you are planning an event or need that special cake, please call us or vist our web site.
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Decided to visit Grapevine Main St, so drove in from about 1 hour away.
Got there about 11 am to stroll Main St.
we noticed several places to eat and the stores were still closed. Chose Main St Cafe for brunch. It was very crowded inside, matter of fact we were told about a 30-40 min wait. There were a few tables outside, and it’s much preferred anyways, so we took advantage of being seated quickly. It was a pretty nice day, not too warm and a small breeze.
After looking over the menu, we decided on the Breakfast Tacos for the hubby, and I chose the Le Parisienne breakfast. Don’t let the name fool you, it’s not an actual Parisienne Breakfast. It’s def all American with a croissant added. It was very good though. The breakfast tacos were very good as well. I would go back again. I️ read reviews prior to choosing and wasn’t disappointed with the food.
Now the service was a bit slow. They had a sign on the window for help, and it is very much needed. This place is obviously a normally busy place and a favorite to locals. Management for sure needs more staffing.
However, if you’re looking for a nice little place to go for brunch on Sunday, give it a whirl. You won’t be disappointed with the food, and just expect to either wait for a table or wait for service as to not be annoyed.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

Everyone should experience downtown Grapevine while in Dallas. From the time we entered the "Bistro" until when we left....the service and friendliness of provided by everyone was some of the best we have ever had. Saturday night live music provided by a very talented individual who completed the ambiance of an incredible experience. Dinner was excellent. Although French appears to be the focus, many choice that are simple but really good. Prices very reasonable for a restaurant associated with a French food menu. Calamari was incredible. Great experience and we will do it again. Try it....you'll like it!

Reviewed October 2, 2017

We ate breakfast here all the food was fresh and hot. The omelerswere good and the oatmeal was too. They have a French flair to the food. They also have freshly made pastries including eclairs which were awesome!

Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

Music loud don't sit up front. Name changed to something French Scha. food very good and a nice bar tables out front.

Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

I am sad to need to leave this review. I have been to this restaurant many times. It's been a tradition with my aunt for years. Even as our experience deteriorated last night it told my friends it would still be worth it. Sadly, that is no longer the case. Unbelievably bad service...comically bad...
Our party of four ordered appetizers, they arrived and then no one came back. We flagged down another server and after several minutes, our server returned and took our order. We had no special requests. The table behind us was seated after we ordered and they had their food while we were still waiting. We had been there over an hour at this point. We flagged down a manager. He said he was aware that we had been waiting and explained that a difficult customer in a large group was what was holding up our food (which made no sense). He assured us that he had his eyes, hands, and fingers all in our food to get it out to us. (Fingers?? Ewww!)

The table across from us leaned in and commented that they were having a terrible experience as well. They too had empty appetizer plates littering their table and nothing else.

We finally got our food after another 5 minutes. It was pretty good except for one order of cold fries. The manager checked on us and all was well, but then nothing again. We flagged someone down to get a Diet Coke...we had had no drink refills all night except for the serve-yourself water carafe on the table.

We had to flag down someone to get our check. We gave him some cash and three cards and asked him to just split the check four ways. After another significant wait, our server returned our checks. Instead of splitting it four ways, she took the cash off the top and split the rest three ways. We could manage that ok...

At this point, we had been at the restaurant TWO hours. The manager stopped at our table to apologize again and thank us for our patience. I said, "I thought you might have shown us a little love on our check, but I guess not." He said if we'd like dessert, we could stop at the dessert counter on our way out and he would let them know it was on him.

We stopped at the dessert counter and began making our selections. He came through and said, "oh, I'll pay for one, not one for each of you."The four of us could share ONE Dessert $5 dessert...that was it for me. We walked away.

The icing on the cake? One of our credit cards was run twice...charged two different amounts. Waiting to see if it comes off...

I'm so torn! I love the menu here. I hate to cross it off my list, but I'd be crazy to go back with so many other good choices in the area.

2  Thank suzismini