All reviews jacuzzi tub front desk nice breakfast every morning friendly shuttle driver choice hotels big bathroom typical hotel power outlets air conditioning the gaylord convention center highly recommend this hotel king room free shuttle service rooms are great spent nights holiday inn express the breakfast area
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our problems with this hotel started from the minute we walked in the door to our room. The room had a slight, funny odor, but we let that slide.

We woke up at midnight to a hot, humid room and realized our a/c had died. It would not come back on and was climbing to 80 degrees in the room. Called the front desk and they were rude and argumentative. Finally told us to come to the front desk to exchange for another room, so we got dressed and packed and headed down.

No apology, not even a hello when we arrived at the desk. Just a room key and as we were walking away he said it was a queen bed and the only room left. We had a king size so this was a downgrade.

The wifi would not work for more than a couple of minutes without going offline for several the whole weekend as well.

The huge slap in the face came when we got home and realized they had recharged us for the room downgrade AND recharged us for our room AND recharged us a random fee! We had prepaid through Expedia. We have been battling them to remove the charges as they admitted they were in error and as soon as we were credited, yet another set has popped up on our account!

Called customer service for the fourth day in a row and they now say the same thing about correcting the problem, we just pray that another charge doesn't pop up as soon as they correct these!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Krissyk2008
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was in Dallas recently for company training and was glad I stayed at this comfort suites. I had been exposed to this particular hotel last year when some colleagues stayed here and I was somewhere else (and much more expensive). The room was comfortably large (I had and prefer 2 double beds so I have somewhere to dump my stuff when I come into the room), the bathroom was huge with a bathtub the size of a hot tub. And overall everything was very clean. The front desk even received a couple of packages I had shipped to the hotel. The only downside was the breakfast: the food was ok, with some healthy choices (cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, fruit) along with the usual fatty choices (eggs, bacon, some kind of gravy); the orange juice was watered down though and the whole thing was served on styrofoam plates/bowls and plastic cutlery...but then again you get what you pay for I guess...oh ya, and not a bottle opener to be found anywhere in the hotel - a bit disappointing when you just want to grab a beer in your room...(had to grab one from the gas station across the parking lot).

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mjuliennow
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Very clean rooms, comfy beds. Breakfast was pretty good. Only issue I had was nobody was at the front desk when trying to check out. Nowhere to be found. Would stay again if in the area.

Thanks!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Michael W, General Manager at Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. As you pointed out, cleanliness and comfort are crucial to our success, however, customer service is equally vital. Thus, I will continue to stress to my staff the importance of their constant presence at the front desk. This will provide our guests with the proper farewell they deserve to further enrich their travels. Nonetheless, it is rewarding for me to hear that you will try us again and I sincerely thank you for staying with us.

Michael Wranosky

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Came in for a convention at the Gaylord, nearby. The shuttle service picked me up from the airport and took me to and from the convention. Very handy. Runs every hour and also on request.
The room was comfortable, checkin was like lighting, and the breakfast in the morning was quite nice.
This hotel had everything I needed. Very nice for a quick 2-day business trip. I liked it a lot and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank RoundTheWorld2010
Reviewed June 12, 2012

If your looking to shop before heading out to airport look no further cause is the place to stay with the grapevine mills across the hi-way. Love this place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business