“A Great choice”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Harlingen
Proctor, Minnesota
“A Great choice”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I have never stayed at a Country Inn & Suites, and was not very familiar with them to be honest. It was recommended by a friend that had came down to visit family & friends, so i thought I would give it try. WOW, did they really took care of me from the moment I walked in. I had just flown in from a long flight and long layover in Houston, and Roland the clerk greeted me with a good geninue smile and even though check in was not til 3pm, he was able to check me in with a few minutes. The room was pretty spacious compared to other hotels in the area and really appreciately private bedroom while I could still have guests in the living area. I was able to rest comfortably without the any issues which was awesome so I could handle my meeting and presentation the next day.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for Roland, he will make sure he takes care of you.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
12 Thank Roy C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Atlanta
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I've stayed @ Country Inn & Suites chain hotels before and this establishment follows in the "country charm" theme. The location of this hotel is ok, only a couple exits down from the mall and movie theaters. The staff was friendly and helpful, assisting me in locating an eatery that I had read about on this site. You can tell the hotel itself is little older than some of the other hotels in the immediate area. The rooms are your average suite style and well kept. I had no issues with this location.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank Mrluthor
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I travel with work and stay in the Valley area at least 5 or 6 times a year. I decided to try this hotel since it had such high reviews however I was extremely disappointed. The room was dirty and smelled musty and stale. The toilet was dirty as was the toilet handle. The shower had hair on the walls from I suppose whoever stayed there before me, the shower curtain had stains and shampoo or something else stuck to it. There was what appeared to be a used cotton ball on the floor in the closet and there was a used band-aid on the floor next to the bed. Needless to say I will not be staying here again and I will not be recommending this to anyone else. The one positive thing I can say is that the staff at the front desk was pleasant.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank WW1325
silvestro1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harlingen, responded to this review, 7 July 2011
We take comments as yours seriously in an effort to improve our overall quality and guest experience!

Warm regards,

Kokila Desai

956.428.0043

cx_harl@countryinns.com
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2011

This was a nice clean and comfy hotel. It was great having a refrigerator and microwave. The beds were nice and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed a very nice breakfast during our stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Peggy044
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 14 May 2011

We stayed here for a wedding in March 2011. We chose a "suite" with a jacuzzi tub in the room. The room was HUGE in size. Plenty of space to even do a workout in the room. The decor is typical Country Inn and Suites decor so no surprises. Fairly comfortable bed. Nice staff. Lobby is a typical lobby for CI&S small area for reading material etc... very "homey" and "cozy". Jacuzzi tub was large enough for 2 persons. Nice size bathroom as well. If you want comfort and coziness this a good hotel. Breakfast bar was decent and they kept refilling things as needed. Swimming pool was outdoors, kind of on the smaller side and only a couple of places to sit outside.

Negatives: The only real negative I have is the jacuzzi tub was not clean, I had to clean it before first use and after the maid cleaned for the day I again had to clean it for the second night as well as there were "rings" still visible. While an incovenience I would still return to this hotel if I ever return to Harlingen.

Negative:

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Delaware
Reviewed 27 April 2011

My daughter and I stayed at the hotel recently and had a great stay! The front desk staff (no matter the hour) was always friendly and helpful. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived but the front desk employee offered to keep our luggage and allowed us to use the pool.
When we got to our room, we were delighted to see how spacious it was and that it had a microwave and refrigerator. The room and bathroom were clean.
We used the pool every day and it was nicely kept. There were lounge chairs as well as regular chairs to relax as well. The only draw back to the pool were the bees that were always around.
We ate at the complimentary breakfast one morning and found it to be very nice! There were a variety of options for guests - including cereals; fruit; yogurt; a waffle maker; french toast; sausage; potatoes; juices; coffee (and probably more that I'm forgetting).
Overall, we would definitely stay at this hotel again and I'd recommend it to families or business travelers! The hotel is a great place!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 April 2011

The Country Inn & Suites in Harlingen is a step above. I just completed a long term business stay (30 days). This place is great. The staff is accommodating in every way.
Talk about a well built building - no noise through the walls, plumbing, etc at all. It certainly is nice to stay in a hotel where you can't hear the TV etc from nearby rooms. This place is built better than most condominiums. Also, nice little touches like a breakfast snack goody bag to go in the morning, complimentary USA Today, and cookies & coffee always available in the lobby. Easy access to the freeway and centrally located. Good location if you are going to be working the entire Rio Grande Valley. You won't do any better than this in Harlingen.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business