“Great Garden Centre Cafe”
Review of Sweep's Cafe

Sweep's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Tarleton
Reviewed May 14, 2018

My second visit here, first was just after it opened and was then disappointed as no table service and more expensive than I would have expected. But this time, I loved it, the car park on a school term Monday was heaving, hardly a place to be had, the garden centre seemed much larger than my first visit, but it is now spring and it must have been winter last time. Many of the plants were very reasonably priced. I had a massive two slices of toast Welsh Rarebit, with side salad and coleslaw, it was great, so much so I am not going to eat much for dinner. The café has three areas, inside, inside the garden centre covered area and an outside terrace. Loved it, great value for money, very friendly staff...will be coming back here very soon. It appears to be benefiting from the closure over the road of Dunscar Garden Centre, which I always thought was not that good.

Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

We decided to try the lunch here following a good recommendation from a friend and we are very glad that we did!!

When we arrived it appeared quite busy but we were lucky that it was sunny out and we could sit outside.

There is a good varied menu and all of the food that we saw come out looked well presented and good portion sizes.

I had the steak and onion baguette and it was very tasty!! My dad had the small fish and chips (which was huge) cant imagine how big the large must be!! My mum had the BLT and we all really enjoyed our meals.

The service was good and considering how busy it was, we didn't have to wait too long for our food.

Lovely place to lunch!!

Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

Small Haddock,Chips and Mushy Peas - Ham Sandwich (on gluten free bread)with Salad- Pot of Chips - Tea -Latte. All for a couple of pence over £19! Sitting in an area which gives the impression of eating Al Fresco but protected from the weather! Nice way to spend a leisurely lunchtime.

Reviewed April 15, 2018

Always been happy with the food here until today. Ordered a curry which was awful and when I complained to the server that I couldn't eat it she replied "Aw sorry about that". I think it is time we started looking for somewhere else!

3  Thank Steve C
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

Every time we drive past Sweeps cafe within Sootys garden centre we says we will have to try this cafe/ coffee shop well yesterday we turned in (WE SHOULD HAVE MADE THE TURN MONTHS AGO)
Fantastic food, fantastic service, fantastic staff.
Next time we will make that turn.