All reviews minute maid park astros game convention center great location ball park toyota center discovery green within walking distance trade show short walk valet parking is two blocks would definitely stay here again rooftop pool houston downtown hilton honors room was clean
Reviewed October 8, 2018

Newly remodeled, guest room and bathroom very nice, The lobby, elevators, and halls spotless. Served food until 10PM, nice. Friendly staff, perfect location. I and my co-workers will be staying there again.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

We are delighted to see you had a pleasant visit to the Hampton Inn Houston Downtown. Thank you for your mention of our good service and friendly staff. Come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip. Friendly and helpful check-in. Adequately sized room, clean bathroom upon arrival . As other visitors have noted before, there is noise from ac units outside, even though the windows are closed and cannot be opened. Did not prevent me from sleeping, but was somewhat disturbing anyhow. I was positively surprised by the breakfast buffet (eggs, waffles, bagels, muffins, yogurt, fresh fruit!).
Big negative aspect though was housekeeping: I left the room at 8 am in the morning after the first night and returned at 4 pm, but in between that time housekeeping did not show up?! I did not receive new towels, there was no emptying of the trash or replenishing of coffee/tea. Poor experience.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. It is always our mission to provide a positive, memorable experience for all of our guests and it is clear we have fallen short of our goal in this instance. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced with house cleaning. We have forwarded your comments to the appropriate hotel teams to ensure these issues were isolated and corrected moving forward. We hope to have an opportunity to better serve you when your travels bring you back.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

The location of the Hampton Inn was great! Close to Fountain Park and the Connector was a great way to scoot up to Findlay Market and Washington Park. The Art Walk is so great...beautiful murals that really give the city a personality. I was really impressed with Cinncinati and the fact that you can walk across the bridge 10 minutes and be in Kentucky was unique! I will go back!

Date of stay: September 2018
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed September 29, 2018

Nice room, very helpful staff (who took the time to track down my packages for a trade show and were very friendly about it) and seemed to actually care about making me and my large team feel welcome … except the last morning. I came down to get coffee filters since they forgot to leave any in my room and the woman at the front desk who was on her cell, shook her head, rolled her eyes, reached in a drawer and gave me one, which looked as though it had been stepped on a few times, then went right back to her phone. Later, I saw her again and she was still on her cell ignoring people. And that's the last thing I remember about what was an overall very nice stay at a well run hotel. Too bad the other staff didn't take a moment to let her know that she should also care about customers as much as they do.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to be your hotel of choice when visiting Houston.

Reviewed September 24, 2018

My husband and I travelled to Houston to see an Astros game. This hotel is just two blocks from Minute Maid Park. It is such a convenient location. I requested an EARLY check-in at the time the reservation was made and I am a Hilton Honors member. When I arrived, around 1 p.m., I was told my room was not ready. Had I not been so tired from the 5 hour drive to Houston, I would have found other accommodations. The woman at the check-in desk just brushed me off and I felt dismissed when she said "just come back at three". When we returned, there was a long line outside for the valet and an even longer line inside to check in. When the Astros are in town, the hotel is quite busy. I noted that the manager was able to able additional staff at the check-in desk and that was helpful. However, the valet was totally overwhelmed as the line of cars quickly grew long and extended around the corner.

Our room was clean and recently renovated. The bathroom had a sliding barn door and extra large shower - no tub. Plenty of storage and comfortable furniture. The bed was too soft for me but we slept well. No shortage of USB and outlets to plug in all the electronic devices. Nice pool and gym. Restaurant on site with limited hours but the food was good. Bar prices are too expensive for drinks so don't bother. There are plenty of restaurants in the area where drinks are more reasonable.

The cost for valet parking is $34 per night. A bit expensive and I would have found another option if we were staying in town longer. The overall service was just AVERAGE until we met Anthony, the manager, He is a very energetic young man who is very professional. He made us feel welcomed. He was the only person who seemed knowledgeable about restaurants in the areas and general information.

This hotel is a good value for your money but service is not consistent.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018