“Better than average”

Comfort Suites - Near the Galleria
Ranked #233 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 10 August 2016

A hotel that accommodates its guest like the Comfort Suites did will definitely get our business again. The room was spacious, the beds just the way we like them, the front desk so helpful and pleasant, breakfast has a wide range of offerings - we recommend this hotel as it had been recommended to us and our friends were right! All around excellent for the price range and location.

Room Tip: if possible do park in the front!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Allyson R, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites - Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear 912mytravels,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay at our property. We are delighted to hear that you found the room to be spacious, the front desk helpful and pleasant, and a wide variety of breakfast offerings. Thank you for recommending our hotel, and also thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites Near the Galleria. We hope that you'll come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 29 June 2016

Near Galleria is the best selling point. Back lot parking is plentiful but would be scary for a single female traveler arriving at night. Very good breakfast lots to choose from and plentiful and stocked constantly.

Room was adequate and comfortable.

Room Tip: Opposite side - from busy street
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephen W

Dear Stephen W.,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our property! We are glad that you found our property to be close to the Galleria, a good breakfast with lots of variety, as well as the room being comfortable. I can assure you that our parking lot is very safe, as it is gated off, and well lit at night. We also have a security guard that patrols the parking lot at night as a precaution. Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites Near the Galleria, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

A friend recommended this hotel, because I had to be in Houston for an emergency hearing and my normal hotel was booked.

I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is relatively inexpensive, located in a decent area. The rooms are clean and very large.

This hotel is not a luxury hotel, but it is amazing and excellent for quick business trips.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

Dear Javier A.,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our property. We are glad that you found our hotel to be inexpensive and located in a decent area, as well as the rooms to be clean and very large. Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites Near the Galleria, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

I will definitely come back. Very comfortable. Everything was great. The staff was amazing. The front desk staff was very helpful , very cheerful and vey welcoming. I'm happy I chose this hotel for my stay and I will not hesitate to return. The hotel itself is great but combined with that amazing staff makes a winning combo for me.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo

Dear Roy H.,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our property. We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and found everything to be great. Thank you again for choosing the Comfort Suites Near the Galleria, and we can't wait to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 13 April 2016

I stayed at this hotel last Sunday night. I arrived around 10:30pm and parked on the back since my room was the last one on the back. The parking lot needs a lot more lighting. The hallway had a musty odor, all is carpeted. We could not find the elevator but since it is only a two story building and we were tired, we just went up the stairs right into our room. The room is spacious and even had a couch, microwave, and small fridge. There were plenty of towels in the bathroom as well. The A/C made a ton of noise and took me about 45 minutes to fall asleep. I am a heavy sleeper so once I fell asleep I was fine. However, if your not a heavy sleeper I can see how you would have a hard time sleeping because it is very loud. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were not. I woke up with a sore neck and my partner did too.

Finally, when we left and got to our car, we saw that someone busted the passenger side window of my car. There are of course no cameras and the hotel took no liability what so ever. They handed me the Houston's police department's phone number and send me my way. Maybe I am biased on my review because of the busted window. But I'm not a hard person to please. But I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. They are not cheap yet you get the experience of a cheap hotel. Had I paid $50-80 for this room I would accept the conditions and even the busted window to my car and go on. But they average rate for this place is $170. Go somewhere else and stay at a safer place. Please stay away from this hotel.

Room Tip: Find another hotel. This place is not worth the money and there are plenty of choices in the same a...
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank wicked0082

Dear Wicked0082,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our property, as we greatly appreciate your feedback. I am so sorry to hear that you had a horrible experience, as this is not the impression we wish to leave our guests with. I would like to encourage you to come back and try the property again, as we have changed some of the things that you've mentioned above. We even have a security guard who drives the property to ensure things like this do not happen. Thank you again for choosing the Comfort Suites Near the Galleria, and we hope that you'll give us a second chance to show you the Award Winning property that we are.

Reviewed 3 April 2016

I love this hotel their approach is it is all but customer service. We have stayed here 4 or 5 times and always been very happy with the staff. The hotel is quite affordable for this area. The breakfast is very good and area clean

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

Dear Momskier,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your stay on our property. We are delighted to hear that you've always been very happy with the staff, that the hotel is affordable, and the breakfast is very good and clean. Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites Near the Galleria, and we can't wait to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 30 March 2016

This is a good budget hotel. Probably below par for what I would expect from Comfort Suites, but only because of the age of the property and furnishing. Price and location sort of makes up for that making this an OK place to stay. Just don't expect anything fancy.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

Dear MuddyH2O,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our property. We are glad that you found our hotel to be a good budget hotel, but sorry to hear that you feel we are below par. Please know that we are currently in the process of changing out our sleeper sofas and mattresses in the rooms. Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites Near the Galleria, and we hope to see you again in the future!