All reviews courtyard properties southwest airlines a newly renovated room hotel shuttle area restaurants fairfield inn construction noise pool and hot tub room was clean and comfortable late at night pleasant stay stayed one night late check i highly recommend this hotel shuttle service bedding
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night in this hotel prior to our cruise. The hotel looks just refurbished to me, which made it really modern. The room was very roomy (room 146), we stayed on the groundfloor where there was access to the pool within steps. However you couldn’t lock the patio door on the outside.
The airco was noisy so we had to switch that off overnight. The shower and toilet are seperate from the sink/faucet, there is a large closet and enough space for storage in the room with two night cabinets, a large desk, a fridge, coffee maker and a sofa which I believe can be turned into an extra bed. The staff was very friendly and professional. We decided to eat at the hotel which was suprisingly good. Absolutely recommend the proscuitto/pesto flatbread. Breakfast is not complementary for all rooms but available for a reasonable price.
If you are looking for a hotel close to hobby airport or need to go to Galveston I do absolutley recommend this hotel. The hote has a airport shuttle which stops in zone 3 stop 12.
*Inside information I received from a uber driver in Austin, if you schedule your ride with uber you end up in the big pool like anybody else, however with lyft if you schedule it will be accepted by a driver the day prior to travelling which means your ride is confirmed and don’t need to worry to get somewhere ontime*

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2018

Rooms just great ! combination of color and decoration give an atmosphere of tranquility and comfort, with enough room to work from and If you need to order food, try the hamburger, it has a unique flavor !!
I'll be back :)

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed many times at this hotel and have never had to pay for parking. There are other hotels in The area that do not charge a parking fee and have the same rate and quality hotel. I will consider this on my next trip to Houston

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Lauren N, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2018

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to provide feedback based on your recent stays!

We instituted a nightly parking fee on May 1 due to several factors including our upgraded access-controlled gated parking lot as well as demand for airport parking and staying in line with other airport hotels in the area who have instituted similar fees. We began notifying guests a month in advance of this change, have the information prominently displayed on our website, confirmation display and on our internal channels so that any Reservations agent can accurately provide it to guests. Additionally, we send arrival emails to all guests days ahead of their arrival with information about the property including parking, as "hiding" information about our hotel is contrary to the way we do business.

I am sorry that your experience left you feeling deceived, but please know that was not and is never our intention. Thanks again for leaving a review, and we hope to welcome you back the next time you're in Houston!

Reviewed July 24, 2018

Front attendant DJ lacks basic customer service skills. Seems bothered to try and help anyone. Will never stay here again!!!!!! Parking in hotel is not convenient. Room was not cleaned thoroughly. Do yourself a favor and don't stay here.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Lauren N, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback here on TripAdvisor! I'm sorry to hear that you encountered problems during your recent stay with us and am always available here at the hotel if you have additional comments about interactions with staff, the room in question or anything else. We will of course follow up with the associate in question and do everything in our power to ensure that this is an isolated incident that will not be repeated in the future.

Please feel free to call me at 713-910-1700 if you'd like to share additional details, and thanks again for your feedback!

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

Always stay at Marriott Hotels. Redeemed some points for a last minute stay after a quick business trip. Hotel is just average. A/C worked. Room was clean. No TV channel list and could locate the local baseball game on it. Tub drain was broken. Had to bend down to make water drain.

Worst part was having to pay $10 to self park my car in a normal hotel lot. No at the front desk knew why we had to pay. I understand paying for a Valet, but this hotel has a more than adequate lot on property. Weird.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Lauren N, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay!

I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to locate the channel list in the in-room guide and that you experienced an issue with your tub drain. It's not clear from your posted review, but I do hope that you alerted an associate during your stay so that we could remedy the issue promptly for you and prevent any future inconvenience.

Regarding parking, due to demand in the market we upgraded our parking lot to a secure gated layout some time ago, and the decision to bring our property in line with other airport hotels currently charging for un-gated parking was made by Marriott headquarters. This is not a policy that is decided locally, thus the fact that the front desk associates weren't able to explain the decision-making to your satisfaction.

Thanks again for your feedback, we hope to see you again the next time you're in Houston!