“Great stay, best staff!”

Sheraton Houston West
Ranked #49 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 26 July 2017

If Houston is going to be an upcoming stop in your work or personal travel, you absolutely need to turn your attention to the Sheraton Houston West. As a regular traveler across the spectrum of hotel opportunities, most hotel stops become a myriad of experiences that ultimately blend into one continuous stop of the same experience. Not the case at this Sheraton property. While the hotel meets all the standards that one would expect to find in this new branch of the Marriott properties, the game changer is the staff that greets and serves you during your stay. From the attentive front desk staff that greets you upon arrival to the housekeeping team that keeps your room in order, there is a limitless string of smiles and service to make your stay as memorable as possible. The morning restaurant staff is there to greet you as you start your day and the evening bar ambassador Jeannie and her supervisor Adriana are always happy to see you as your day winds down. Quick to make you feel at home, the team at the Sheraton Houston West defines what hospitality with a smile should be. Rooms are always clean, and the food menu never fails to meet any specific taste you might be looking for. Thanks for making stays in Houston a pleasure to look forward to!!

Room Tip: request a room facing the back of the property
1  Thank fkalandi
Management response:Responded 28 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Sheraton Houston West. Thank you for the positive feedback and choosing to stay with us. Creating memorable experiences for our guests is what we're all about and we're so glad to hear that everything was perfect for you. Thank you for highlighting our superstars Jeannie and Adriana. We will sharing your feedback with the appropriate teams. Please let us know if you need any assistance in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to Houston.

Rocio Sicco

Reviewed 25 July 2017

As a very seasoned traveler it's easy to become cynical, or at lease desensitized. You somehow get used to mediocre and begin to accept it. What a pleasant surprise to find the Sheraton West.

Carolyn and Chawania greeted me with enthusiasm, They were enthusiastic, personable and attentive, making sure I was comfortable from the moment I entered the lobby. They even gave me a couple for a complimentary cocktail!

The room was clean as a pin, quiet and comfortable. Amenities were fine and everything worked.

In the restaurant later I was treated to exceptional service from Adriana and Jeannie. Even their chef Nick spent some time. The ease and comfort exhibited by both patrons and staff made it a place you wanted to be. Conversation was free among and pleasant and it was apparent that many of the guests were return visitors.

Checkout was smooth and easy. Moreover, while waiting for my Uber to arrive I was greeted warmly by the manager John, who thanked me for my visit and informed me that I could also receive SPG points for my Uber ride and explained how.

All and all this was a very special stay, and not one I've come to expect in my travels. Thank you to the entire staff at Sheraton Houston West.

Room Tip: My only stay was floor 3. It was fine.
1  Thank LAH13852
Management response:Responded 26 July 2017

Dear LAH13852,

We thank you for sharing your comments of the Sheraton Houston West. Our team strives to provide exceptional service and memorable experiences for our guests. We pride ourselves on being compassionate, genuine and sincere. We are so glad to hear of the exceptional service you experienced from a few of our Super Stars Chawania, Carolyn, Adrianna, Jeannie, Nick, and John! We are excited that our outstanding team were able to exceed your expectations as a frequent traveler. Please let us know if you need any assistance in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to Houston.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Have stayed here in the past and swore I would not again during the summer months due to the noisy aircon found in the rooms. Had a customer in town that was staying there so I grabbed my ear plugs and booked a single night stay. Perhaps since I was expecting it the noise was not as bad as I recall, but I still needed the plugs.

Front desk staff were as friendly and energetic as ever, which is great. Did have a problem with the clock in my room and took two hours for it to be addressed...manageable, but why so long, not sure. Very comfortable beds and pillows. Fairly nice fitness center.

The "exec floor" is sorely lacking though. Yes, at least they have one, but it is well below expectations, and standards.

Not a bad stay overall, but if I can not get a good night sleep, as is the case here, really has a negative impact on the rating, as it should.

1  Thank Weissgunn
Management response:Responded 25 July 2017

Dear Weissgunn,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback of the Sheraton Houston West Hotel. Our team strives to provide comfortable accommodations with unmatched service, and unfortunately we fell below your expectations. We are delighted to know front desk staff were friendly, energetic, and hospitable. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future to exceed your expectations in all areas. Please contact us directly for any personal assistance, as we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to Houston.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

A fantastic hotel. Not because it is the newest or fanciest in the area, but simply because it has by far the best and most attentive, caring staff I run into in any country. I spend 8 - 9 months a year away from home and stuck in motels, and this one is by far my favorite. From the folk on the front desk who always remember me and go out of their way to put me in the best room they have, to Jeannie at the bar who always has my favorite drink ready even before i ask. Even better she makes sure both my favorite rum and port is on the shelf and ready to go, even though they are not normally stocked items in this bar. The menu here is old and cast in stone, however all you have to do is ask for anything you desire, and if they have the ingredients, out it comes. As a veteran when it comes to being marooned in hotels, I highly recommend this place to anyone who has to come to Houston on business as you will really appreciate this place and their staff.....

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank johnholt2017
Management response:Responded 18 July 2017

Dear John Holt,

We thank you for sharing your comments of the Sheraton Houston West. Our team strives to provide exceptional service and memorable experiences for our guests. We are so glad to hear of the exceptional service you have experienced from our team members, and we thank you for highlighting our fantastic bartender Jeannie! We are honored to be your home away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back when you return.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Adriana hosted myself as well as colleagues very well over the last few weeks at the Sheraton Houston West. She was very accommodating and remembered favorites that we liked. She provided excellent services to us and for that we will certainly be back for future trips to Houston! Sincerely, Camella B.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Camella B

Dear Camella B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Sheraton Houston West. We are so glad that our Superstar Adriana delivered exceptional service that exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you back again in the future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

My colleagues and I have stayed at this property for the last few weeks. The front desk staff (2 awesome employees, I believe one is Carolyn) are extremely friendly! Adriana in the restaurant is extraordinary! These special employees will keep me (and us) coming back when in the area!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Larry V

Dear Larry V,

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Sheraton Houston West. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us due to the exceptional service of our Super Stars Adriana and Carolyn. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future when your travels bring you to Houston.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2017

This is just a tiny note to thank for all the support received during my stay in Sheraton Houston West, during my stay I had a medical emergency (kidney stones) and your assistance was great.

Some weeks has gone by since that day but it is never too late to thank and to let you know all the gratitude for being there and not left me alone.

Milagros, Ashley and John were amazing. I have been trying to share my experience as much as possible in order to show people the excellent and personalized service that you provide in your hotel. Due to this great experience with Sheraton Houston West I am including Sheraton - Quito in all the programs that I am offering to clients all over the world.

Thank you again and I hope to see you soon,

Your friend
Roberto

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Roberto C

Dear Roberto C,

We thank you for sharing your comments of the Sheraton Houston West. Our team strives to provide exceptional service and memorable experiences for our guests. We pride ourselves on being compassionate, genuine and sincere. We are so glad to hear of the exceptional service you experiences from a few of our Super Stars Milagros, Ashley, and John. We are excited that your experience with our staff has encouraged you to work with Sheratons all over the world. Please let us know if you need any assistance in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to Houston.