“Nice property”

Comfort Suites Westchase
Ranked #215 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 14 August 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for him to attend a conference. The property is very nice and clean. Our room was ready upon arrival. The staff was very helpful and courteous. The breakfast was the typical Comfort Suites fare. It was very well stocked. We had a King Suite which was a room with a divider. The room had a refrigerator, microwave, sofa, desk and a 32 inch flat screen television. The hotel was located within walking distance of restaurants and a grocery store. The parking area was very secure.
The only con I would have to say about this hotel would be the limited cable channels. I don't know if it was just our TV but some of the channels you could not hear even at the
highest level. I have excellent hearing. You might want to check you TV upon arrival.
If visiting this area of Houston again, I would definitely consider this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank rdwacw

Reviewed 18 March 2010

The hotel was classy looking and elegant (for this level of hotel). I stayed in the nonsmoking king bed suite. It was fresh smelling, clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable as well. The breakfast was the extended Choice Hotels' breakfast with many items to choose from. The location was good for the nearby sporting event that my son participated in. I will definately stay here again when wanting to stay in this part of Houston.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Jackie T
Reviewed 24 January 2010

Quiet location, friendly service, spacious rooms, very clean, remodeled bath, tastefully decorated, comfy sitting area, big desk & office chair, micro & fridge, great bed, quiet rooms, large breakfast. SUPER place to stay.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank TXaud
Reviewed 26 June 2009

I stayed here for a week-long business trip. I'm not a frequent traveller so I'm not sure how these booking work, but after I booked online I called to confirm some minor detail and got a further discount.

The rooms are large, with new, clean furniture. AC in working order as well. They've got some digital alarm clock/radio that you can plug your mp3 player into so you don't need to use headphones in the room. The complimentary business centre, plus free wi-fi, were a big plus.

The fitness centre (spare room with a few old machines) is very crowded and barely adequate. The pool is small and in view of the main road.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank RockieT
Reviewed 18 March 2009

I made a reservation at this hotel, using hotel points for a short weekend trip that I later decided to cancel. Unfortunately, I did not call in time, according to their 24 hour cancellation policy. Even though I was using points, the manager would not authorize the cancellation, so beware of this - it doesn't seem like they make any exceptions. I was a bit annoyed, but in the end it was my own fault for not calling in time. Anyway, to avoid losing my points, we decided to keep the reservation and take the short weekend trip after all (it wasn't that far of a drive for us). I LOVED the hotel. It's not at all what you would expect from a Comfort Suites - I tend to think of these hotels as lower price and therefore lower quality. But this hotel was great. Our room was spacious and clean, everything was brand new, and the beds were so comfortable. Parking & breakfast are included, there is no restaurant or room service but this did not bother me. I would definitely stay here if I'm in the Houston area again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank sf213
Reviewed 2 December 2008

This property was selected due to its location being central to everything we had on our Thanksgiving agenda, namely, family and shopping. It served all those functions and more, it is near to Rudi Lechner's Restaurant. The finest German restaurant in the Southland.

The property was recently remodeled and had NO issues to complain about. The property was clean, well serviced by the staff and ALL of the staff were VERY friendly and went out of their way to insure our every request was satisfied as soon as was humanly possible. We had booked rooms for ourself and family members, to a person they all commented on the wise decision I had made booking us int this hotel.

We WILL be back, every time we are in Houston!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Douglas Reid
Reviewed 4 October 2007

My work often takes me to Houston and over the last couple of years I've stayed in a variety of chains, from Holiday Inn Express to Extended Stay to Candlewoods.

On my last stay, I was placed in the Comfort Suites at Westchase (on the basis that it was near the Fox and the Hound!) and, on the whole, was happy with the selection and will be returning there for my next trip.

The foyer is certainly impressive with a chandelier hanging down and a breakfast area, gym and business centre coming off it. For a Brit it is quite novel to get breakfast in an American hotel (especially hot breakfast) so this was a pleasant surprise.

The rooms/suites are very large (especially going by UK standards) and the separate kitchen & sofa areas made it feel more like home. The room itself had somewhat of a musty/damp smell and the air conditioning unit was easily the loudest i've ever heard but neither stopped me sleeping soundly.

It is located at the end of a shopping centre but seemed quiet and safe. Aside from the supermarket, the shops were of an unusual nature although we did have a great meal in a small Thai restaurant on the strip.

Overall, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank fadeaway53