Wingate by Wyndham Houston / Willowbrook
Ranked #161 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I had stayed at the property in Henderson,LasVegas back in July 2011 my very first visit at any Wingate location. While visiting Houston I decided to try the location here. The price was well worth it the room was very clean with microwave and frigerator, It had up to date TV large screen. The King plus was excellent for the price. The hotel itself was quiet during the night and the curtains blocked the moring sun so you could actual sleep late if you wanted to. They have a complimentary breakfast with hot and cold items. The front desk staff was very professional would definately stay again.

Room Tip: The King room is well worth the PRICE!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
wingatemanager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Houston / Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you very much for your comment. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. See you next time!

Reviewed 28 December 2011

This is a nice hotel with affordable rates and a great location. The rooms are large and nicely furnished. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get up in the morning. There is a deluxe continental breakfast between 6am and 9am that is included in the rates. It consits of bacon or sausage, eggs, make-your-own waffles, juices, fruits, pastries, bagles, yogurt, cereals...plenty to get your day started. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful and accomodated my request for a late check-out. The hotel is located close to many restaurants, shopping centers, a mall and a huge AMC movie theater. It is also quick access to Hwy 249. We would stay here again !!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
wingatemanager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Houston / Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Your feedback is much appreciated! Thank you very much and I'm glad you liked your stay.

Reviewed 29 November 2011

We went to Houston for RenFast in Magnolia. i coudln't find a room in Tomball, which would have been closer, so settled for Willowbrook instead. I'm glad I did. Very reasonably priced, huge clean room, front desk staff very helpful.

We did have a problem with the TV not receiving the channel we wanted to watch, (LSU v. Ole Miss) and although the desk clerk tried her hardest to resolve the issue, it still didn't work. She let us watch the game in the breakfast room instead, so all worked out well.

We definitely plan to stay there again next year.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
wingatemanager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Houston / Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Thank you for taking the to write about us. I'm very glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. On the other hand I do apologized for the inconvenience you had with the TV. Hope to see you next time.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

Staff was very friendly and helpful on the phone and in person. Exterior and public areas were all neat and clean. Room was very clean, spacious, and comfortable (nice size bathroom as well). Fast wireless, flat screen TV, fridge, and mic with coffee, of course, but also nice tea, too. Best of all the beds were super comfy and the room was very quiet. Probably helped that it is actually on Mills Rd rather than 1960 or another busy road. We all had a great night's sleep and that's exactly what we were looking for the night before a sports competition. We also really appreciated the full breakfast starting at 6AM even on the weekend, which allowed us to be fed and ready to compete at 7:30. Pool looked great, but we didn't use it.

We've stayed at a bunch of nearby hotels and this one definitely beats the Hilton Garden and all of the Choice hotels nearby in every way. Would definitely stay here next time we're in the area as price is better than the only other place that's as nice.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank summercamper
wingatemanager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Houston / Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Thank you very much for your comment. I feel very happy that you and your team enjoyed our facility. Hearing this comments from you increases our motivation to exceed in customer service and satisfaction to all our guests. Please come back again any time you'll like. Once again Thank you! Have a blessed Day!

Reviewed 5 June 2011

Pricelined this hotel on a very busy weekend of soccer in the area. The outside is very neat and clean. Plenty of parking space. Located close to Hwy 249 and Willowbrook Mall. Easy access from roadway. Lobby area very clean and modern. Front desk personnel very friendly and helpful. Willing to kid a little with me. I liked that. Chandra was really alot of fun. The room was spacious and comfortable. All amenities worked. T.V. did not have alot of choices, but we weren't in the room that much. So it didn't matter much. The free breakfast was really good with lots of seating opportunities. Did not feel crowded. My daughter loved being able to get the hot chocolate in the serving area. Only negative is I got stuck in one of the elevators that stopped working. I was not there long, and I noticed they had someone working on it later that day. It was out of service for most of our stay, but it did not keep us from getting to and from our room because there is a 2nd elevator. The pool was nice and clean. Over all it was a good stay. The price was a little high even for priceline, but I think that is because there were so many soccer tournaments in the area on that weekend.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank tripjeffrey
wingatemanager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Houston / Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

I'm very happy you and your family enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to meet our guest expectations, and to provide 100% costumer service. I do want to apologize for the technical problem of the elevator. As you mention, we took care of the situation as soon as we found out about the problem. Thank you for taking the time to write your comment.

Reviewed 12 July 2010

I visited Houston for family wedding in June with my family. I stayed for 3 days. Stay was pleasent, staff was friendly, breakfast was good. Price was reasonable. My kids enjoyed the stay at the hotel. I would recommoned.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank asadhamza
wingatemanager, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Houston / Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2010

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay! When you come to visit the newlyweds, just give us a call to book your room!

Reviewed 15 June 2010

I checked in & the women asked for my debit card and scanned it telling me my total price of the room was $109. I signed what I thought was a receipt and went to my room, thinking I had already paid.

The room was fine...not really worth the price. But it was clean, the TV worked (mostly news stations), and the breakfast was fine.

I check out the next day and meet the RUDEST front desk lady. She asked me if I wanted to pay with the same card I used to reserve the room. I told her I thought I already paid at check in, that the check in woman scanned my card. She rudely informed me that was just to check if my debit card "had enough money on it...that people skip out on paying" She told me the price was $125, I told her the price the check in lady gave me was $109. AND she RUDELY with alot of attitude told me "well you have to pay sales tax." She did alot of eye rolling, and sighing...like a immature teen.

She never asked about my stay...how the room was. NOTHING but attitude. And I am still not sure that this hotel hasn't charged me twice ($109 at check in & $125 at check out). I'm waiting for my bank statement.

As I am driving away I call the hotel and she answers, I ask to speak to a manager & she tells me the manager isn't in her office & I can leave a message on her voice mail. Manager never called me back after I left the message. Perhaps the other woman deleted it.....

I will NEVER stay at this hotel chain again. There is a nice Hilton Garden near by, stay there, I guarantee you'll enjoy it better. The service at Wingate gets an F-

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank ashley2442
wingatemanager, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Houston / Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2010

I do apologize for what had happened with your stay. We are under new management now. We did take care of the issues once we saw your feed back. Thanks for the feedback and again I do apologize for what happened.