“A Terrific group of people”

Best Western Plus Downtown Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I stayed for 4 days, and the staff was amazing! I asked Jo at the front desk about the closest pharmacy, and she checked with me the next day to see if I got to one, or if I needed to still get some things. Sonny, the shuttle driver, would take me. He seemed to be a my beck and call, even though I know he drove everyone around. And Cynthia, the bar tender, laughed at all my jokes (which can be quite a feat)! Very cordial and a great host!

Oh, and the rooms where spacious, clean, and since I ate my cookies each day, on my last day, they left me two packs!

A really wonderful stay!

1  Thank Karen H

Reviewed 28 March 2012

This hotel is on the outskirts of the main downtown areas but within walking, cab or shuttle distance. It is my understanding the hotel shuttle is very accommodating though we did not use it. Staff was very friendly, warm and inviting. Our room was HUGE, a nice king bed, clean sheets, a/c very cold, big screen tv with cable, hbo and movie channels. The room also had a fridge, microwave, complimentary water, coffee and cookies. There is a pool outside, one downside is there is not access from the inside of the hotel making it a bit less user friendly, though it is very clean and well maintained. The have a complimentary breakfast with several choices including eggs, waffles, sausage, cereal, biscuits and gravy, fruit, raisins etc. I still think the price is much too high but compared to other hotels downtown I found it to be very reasonable. If you walk around at night watch out for the occasional beggar or two or three…

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Crytle
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I highly recommend a stay at this Best Western. The rooms were very clean and the staff went out of their way to take care of my group of business associates.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

On a recent business trip to Houston I had the opportunity to stay at Best Western Plus Inns and Suites in downtown Houston. The rooms were clean, updated, and spacious. I have been in "big name" hotels that were not even close to being as nice as the room at Best Western Plus. The staff is over the top friendly and customer oriented. If you have business in downtown Houston you can't go wrong staying here!

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Great Friendly Staff, Clean Rooms, and great Service. They also provide shuttle service Downtown, which is a very short ride.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

My visit to Texas was not for pleasure. I was there to attend the murder trial for my brother. The staff was very helpful and caring. Our rooms and the hotel were very clean and comfortable. I can not find one thing bad too say. I would like to give a big shout out to Sonny. He drove the shuttle and dropped us off every day and picked us up from the courthouse when we were ready. This took so much stress off us. Houston traffic sticks and he was an awesome navigator:) The hotel went out of there way to help us. If I ever have to return to Houston this is where I will be staying.

1  Thank sherry K
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I was traveling alone and the employees went out of their way to be helpful. Rooms are spacious well equipped w amenities. I would highly recommend this hotel..

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business