See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We were on the way to Galveston, on our motorcycle, when my husband became ill. We called a fellow Gold Wing rider who came to our rescue. I drove his car, with my husband, as passenger, and the good samaritan took us to the Reliant Park Motel 6. I was, extremely, apprehensive because we know nothing of Houston or the area. Our room was large, very clean, beds comfortable and a clean bathroom. We don't usually, stay in Motel 6's. We stay at motels that have the free breakfast so we can eat and go. But, there is a Shell quick pick right next door to get coffee in the morning and a Whataburger where I could walk to get a bite to eat. I would, definitely, recommend this Motel 6.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank VanBurenZgirl
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Booked this motel on the internet having never been to Houston before. It was clean, well serviced and the staff were helpful. Motel 6 is a good budget motel choice and this is one of the nicer Motel 6 buildings we have stayed in. However, because it is by an intersection it is also one of the noisiest motels we stayed in. It didn't disturb us too much, but when we returned to Houston we enjoyed being away from the freeway.

It isn't very easy to walk anywhere from this motel but the location next to the freeway is very convenient. This motel felt safe, was well lit and was friendly.

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank pet267
Reviewed January 9, 2011

I'm trekking across the US with my sister and we're staying exclusively in Motel 6s to save money. We were bracing for the worst when we came here--it's major flaw is that it's VERY noisy. I can hear the traffic of the fwy constantly, and briefly during one of our two night stays, someone was running some kind of weird bass rumble somewhere... but that's my only real complaint.
We stayed in the first floor and were pleasantly surprised to discover it had an amusing turquoise wall that matched the taupe-and-turquoise bedspread. The floor is some kind of bamboo patterned laminate--kind of weird looking but at least it was sparkly clean. Must be a recent remodel, judging from the other reviews here.The room had no bad odors whatsoever and the sheets actually smelled fresh. The pillows were amazingly plush.
The bathroom had all of the required amenities (we had a room with two kingsized beds, so we got two towels... in past experience with motel 6, they only give you one...)
Our trip required a two-night stay in Houston and we're glad we found our way to this particular Motel 6.

Date of stay: January 2011
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I felt completely safe and welcome at the Motel 6 even though the surroundings were less than comforting. The room was clean, smoke-free, and even the parking lot was patrolled.

Date of stay: January 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Reserved by internet, thought this would be easier, upon arrival there was a couple yelling at each other like they were about to lose their lungs, upon entering, the computer system was down, had to wait until it was back up, counter person was nice enough to give me a small discount but at least recognized the inconvenience. I was located in front of building and never got a good night rest due to traffic noise, it was terrible. Do not allow to get a front room because you might as well not sleep at all. Had trouble looking for a working light so finally found one at the end of the room when I was entering. Why have security if all I saw him doing was talking to his friends and sitting on the stairs. I would not stay in the same room or proximity but I will stay again because of the value and the close proximity to location. Hey I understand you get for what you pay for and if you want a top tier place, this is not the one to choose. Good Luck!

Date of stay: September 2010