See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This motel is a great value for the price, location, and cleanliness of the rooms. The rooms are impressively large and I was surprised but impressed at how clean my room was. It was not perfectly quiet, but quieter than some hotels I've stayed at. And while the front office desk manager did not have great customer service skills, she was to her credit also understaffed and seemingly ill-trained. The TV was very small and old but worked. Furnishings were sparse but adequate. In short, if you are looking for a clean, well located, and cheap stay without all the frills, you will find this motel to be a good value.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from highway (back of building) are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel is NOT in a decent part of town. First we had to pay for Wi-Fi, The freeway noise was heard all night. Thugs and homeless people walked back and forth being loud all night and it was a Tuesday. The rooms may be renovated and nicer, but it is not worth your safety. Unless your looking for drugs or prostitutes this is not a place for normal people.

Room Tip: Choose a different Motel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jasoneric72
Reviewed May 27, 2013

They do not have adequate truck parking, we researched online before hand, if you bobtail you are fine. Rooms are clean, pet friendly. I rrecommend not going outside.we opted to order in because location is not great . The front desk has bullet proof glass, homeless, prostitution and whatever else is going on is all around. Stay here onlh if you have to.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I live in the Houston area and had to stay 2 nights at a hotel while moving into a new place. This hotel was the most conveniently located for the best price. I'm familiar with the area so the security concerns that other reviewers raised didn't bother me since I know the area well. However, even though I'm from the area I still felt unsafe here. There were homeless people loitering around the property and at night, there were lots of noises, sirens, and sounds of people talking. I kept checking my car to make sure that everything was okay.

The room itself was fine; comfortable beds, wood floors, shower with great water pressure, and linens/towels that were better than expected.

If the hotel could be moved to the other side of the interstate, it would be a world of difference.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SEtravelerguy
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This Motel 6 is bad on so many levels. Usually Motel 6's are cheap and still nice places to stay; I have used them in quite a few states in US by now. I booked this Motel 6 in Houston for 12 days, and had already decided to move to another motel the next day. The first impression, as many other reviews have written here, is that the motel is increadibly noisy, being near a large highway. When checkin in, the clerk told me the internet was down and the pool was under reparation... Then going up to 3rd floor, I noticed the walls in the corridors looked like the walls of an underground bunker, not of a hotel! Then the room: Well, the room was probably the only positive thing. It was clean and large, although the floor didn't have carpet but solid "laminate" type covering, which is strange for a hotel, but OK. The bathroom was quite new and very clean. During the night, I could hear the neighbors speaking on the phone (I think); the walls do not seem to be that thick. During all the evening, there were two police in front of the building talking to a non-police person for hours. I have no idea what they were doing, but have police for hours in front of your hotel is never a good sign. One other good point though: The staff was friendly, and totally understood when I cancelled the rest of my stay. I know moved to the 'La Quinta Inns & Suites'. I'm writing this review from the 'La Quinta' hotel room, which b.t.w. has free (and working) wifi, and already I'm so happy to be here now! That being said, I still think most Motel 6's are OK, just not the 'Houston Reliant Park' one.

Room Tip: If at all, take a room on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo