“Great place to stay.”

Motel 6 Houston NRG Park - Reliant Stadium
Ranked #412 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed here while I was visiting friends in Houston last November. As I have some mobility issues, the young lady on duty was kind enough to provide me with a disabled access room at the very end near the pool / carpark. The room was spotlessly clean, the bed was quite firm, but very comfortable. The bathroom was very spacious, clean and very easy to use.

The WiFi, however, was absolute garbage. It appears they have it outsourced to some third party to manage. The speeds were absolutely atrocious and it barely stayed connected. Took repeated tries to download iTunes of all things. If the owners read this, I'm sure I can give them alternatives if they want to contact me.

As for facilities in the area, there is a Whataburger and a Taco Bell less than a two minute walk from the hotel, as well as a Denny's through the underpass and on the other side of the highway.

The sound of the traffic is extremely loud when you are outside, but the walls and doors in that particular room were very thick and I don't remember hearing it with the door closed.

Overall, I was extremely happy with my visit and I would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: If they have disabled rooms available, get one.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank BelziBhaal

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Disgusting, filthy room, dirty linens, noisy location. I had to get Lysol wipes and wipe down the floor because it was so dirty that when we got in the shower, we left dirty footprints. There were roaches in the bathroom. We will never stay at any motel 6 again.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank AmyBD
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Very good stay for the price, rooms were clean and newly renovated. Try to get a room on the back side of the motel if you can to avoid noise from the freeway (it will be right out your door if you are in the front of the building). I would not hesitate to stay again, way cheaper than the other hotels of the area, and exactly what I needed.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This motel is a great value for the price, location, and cleanliness of the rooms. The rooms are impressively large and I was surprised but impressed at how clean my room was. It was not perfectly quiet, but quieter than some hotels I've stayed at. And while the front office desk manager did not have great customer service skills, she was to her credit also understaffed and seemingly ill-trained. The TV was very small and old but worked. Furnishings were sparse but adequate. In short, if you are looking for a clean, well located, and cheap stay without all the frills, you will find this motel to be a good value.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from highway (back of building) are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The hotel is NOT in a decent part of town. First we had to pay for Wi-Fi, The freeway noise was heard all night. Thugs and homeless people walked back and forth being loud all night and it was a Tuesday. The rooms may be renovated and nicer, but it is not worth your safety. Unless your looking for drugs or prostitutes this is not a place for normal people.

Room Tip: Choose a different Motel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jasoneric72
Reviewed 27 May 2013

They do not have adequate truck parking, we researched online before hand, if you bobtail you are fine. Rooms are clean, pet friendly. I rrecommend not going outside.we opted to order in because location is not great . The front desk has bullet proof glass, homeless, prostitution and whatever else is going on is all around. Stay here onlh if you have to.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I live in the Houston area and had to stay 2 nights at a hotel while moving into a new place. This hotel was the most conveniently located for the best price. I'm familiar with the area so the security concerns that other reviewers raised didn't bother me since I know the area well. However, even though I'm from the area I still felt unsafe here. There were homeless people loitering around the property and at night, there were lots of noises, sirens, and sounds of people talking. I kept checking my car to make sure that everything was okay.

The room itself was fine; comfortable beds, wood floors, shower with great water pressure, and linens/towels that were better than expected.

If the hotel could be moved to the other side of the interstate, it would be a world of difference.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple