See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I felt completely safe and welcome at the Motel 6 even though the surroundings were less than comforting. The room was clean, smoke-free, and even the parking lot was patrolled.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Reserved by internet, thought this would be easier, upon arrival there was a couple yelling at each other like they were about to lose their lungs, upon entering, the computer system was down, had to wait until it was back up, counter person was nice enough to give me a small discount but at least recognized the inconvenience. I was located in front of building and never got a good night rest due to traffic noise, it was terrible. Do not allow to get a front room because you might as well not sleep at all. Had trouble looking for a working light so finally found one at the end of the room when I was entering. Why have security if all I saw him doing was talking to his friends and sitting on the stairs. I would not stay in the same room or proximity but I will stay again because of the value and the close proximity to location. Hey I understand you get for what you pay for and if you want a top tier place, this is not the one to choose. Good Luck!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2010

unkept, unclean unsafe un every other word i can think of....very very dirty outside inside not much better...staff was mor interested in their cell phones etc than guest..maids sitting behind the counter complaining....room was like a dungeon (220) nothing but noise from an old elevator and people in the hall way all night..ladies on cell phones in the parking lot directing men to the hotel....ladies trying to borrow cell phones from patrons....arrest being made in the parking lot.... filthy stairways and hall ways...water from a/c units dripping down....no security at all...none nada zip....most unsafe i have ever felt in a motel stay....oh yeah and the drug dealers comin and going added to the excitement....,

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2010

This is my husbands and my first time to houston and went on line looking for a good but cheap motel to stay at for the 3 days we would be here, when we got here the price was higher the the quote was when i made the reservations, motel 6 does not have the best reputations but this one was newly renovated and figured that it would be better the the average motel 6 well its not, my husband saw a man shooting dope right outside the parking lot and drug dealers and hookers are in and out, the room itself was rather nice and it was clean, there are very few tv stations to choose from and you have to pay 2.99 a day for internet when i can go th mcdonalds or dennys and use it free most motels its free, my point is we dont feel very safe here and would not stay at any motel 6,you get what you pay for here and that not much.The one nice feature about the motel 6 is that my dog stayed for free and thank god we have him here as we have 2 more days of this.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2010

We didn't expect much staying at a Motel 6, but we did expect our vehicle would be safe. We stayed one night to go to the rodeo at Reliant Park. Upon returning from the rodeo, we had to park next to the gas station which shares the parking lot. There was a man loitering at the gas station who proceeded to attempt to break into our car as we were walking to the hotel. Luckily, we distracted him. We went to our room to get our dog that we coincidentally brought with us and my boyfriend went back to find the man attempting to break in to the car again. He went to the front desk to call the police, but there was a security guard patrolling the hotel over night. We ended up moving our car to in front of the office and having the guard watch it over night. I wouldn't recommend staying here at all knowing that there is the potential for your car being broken into. Other than that, it was fairly clean to just sleep in for one night.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple