“Take the tour if you have the time”
Review of Minute Maid Park

Ranked #7 of 303 things to do in Houston
Meadville, Pennsylvania
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Take the tour if you have the time”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

No game when we were here, but we took a tour of the ballpark which was very interesting. We were shown a lot behind the scenes and even walked down next to the field although we were cautioned not to step on the grass. We found it well worth the walk from our hotel.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank jaf24

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great ballpark for the fan.”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I always sit on the third-base side as the main video screen and scoreboard are in right field. Food is changing with the new owner. I hear there's a real salad bar behind centerfield - no more excuses for me. You are now allowed to bring in food - up to a gallon-size clear bag and up to one-liter of water. Nice change - the previous owner made me throw away the empty water bottle I had in my purse.

It's a retractable roof so weather is not a concern; however, in the late afternoon, the sun can be in your eyes on the first-base side. Like I said, "Sit on the third-base side."

Parking is all around in city and private lots. Come early, start up by the park and drive away until you see a price that's worth it. I've never been early enough to park on the street.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Parrish H
Florida
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Great exhibition game - great service!”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Wow - everyone working was excited for this season! This was our first time here and the staff was really great. The park is very clean and you can purchase just about any type of food here. We wished we had time for the actual tour as the park was built around the old Union Station. I did meet a very nice usher who answered my questions about the park.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Jen1955
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Usual Ball Park”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Waiting to see how much better the Values are this year

Visited August 2011
1 Thank justvisiting256
Holland, Michigan
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Park is great, team not so much”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

The Astros do a great job presenting a fan-friendly experience. Very clean, comfortable, and easy to get around. Kids play area is great pre-game. Food is good quality and not as expensive as movie theaters. The team was/is awful, so go for the park experience.

Visited August 2011