“A mediocre ballpark in a mediocre city”
Review of Minute Maid Park

US$155.00*
Galveston Island and Houston Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #8 of 305 things to do in Houston
Reviewed 9 April 2012

What can I say? The place is lackluster and soulless. like the team they host. Houston is not much of a sports town, and the Astros as not much of a baseball team. They never really have been, and now they are the worst of the worst.

1  Thank rrsltx
There are newer reviews for Minute Maid Park

Reviewed 9 April 2012

It was a bit warm with the roof open but as the sun went down it was very nice. It"s just to bad the Astro"s didn't win. This staduim is beautiful it has enough bathrooms and food and drink stands for everyone.

1  Thank sylvykkk
Reviewed 5 April 2012

No game when we were here, but we took a tour of the ballpark which was very interesting. We were shown a lot behind the scenes and even walked down next to the field although we were cautioned not to step on the grass. We found it well worth the walk from our hotel.

2  Thank jaf24
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I always sit on the third-base side as the main video screen and scoreboard are in right field. Food is changing with the new owner. I hear there's a real salad bar behind centerfield - no more excuses for me. You are now allowed to bring in food - up to a gallon-size clear bag and up to one-liter of water. Nice change - the previous owner made me throw away the empty water bottle I had in my purse.

It's a retractable roof so weather is not a concern; however, in the late afternoon, the sun can be in your eyes on the first-base side. Like I said, "Sit on the third-base side."

Parking is all around in city and private lots. Come early, start up by the park and drive away until you see a price that's worth it. I've never been early enough to park on the street.

2  Thank Parrish H
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Wow - everyone working was excited for this season! This was our first time here and the staff was really great. The park is very clean and you can purchase just about any type of food here. We wished we had time for the actual tour as the park was built around the old Union Station. I did meet a very nice usher who answered my questions about the park.

1  Thank Jen1955