2,957 results
All reviews cookies and milk rooftop pool cookie buffet minute maid park complimentary happy hour great hotel valet parking downtown area within walking distance free breakfast astros game convention center yogurt toyota center enjoyed my stay free shuttle business trip
Reviewed October 7, 2018

This is nice boutique stylish hotel, well located in downtown Houston. The check in was less than perfect, too many people, crowded. Didn't get my Platinum Elite upgrade, and room was on low floor, 6th, nothing better was available, and we didn't want to wait past 4 pm, official check-in time. The room was good sized, and well furnished. Good bathroom too, with all the right amenities. Generally, plenty of room for 3 of us. Lobby and common areas are quite tasteful. Rooftop pool, fitness center, and dining room and lounge with billiard room are all beautiful, in slightly old fashioned way. Complimentary (for Platinum members) a la carte breakfast was pretty good too. The hotel rate was reasonable too. As often happens with me lately, the negative experience was mostly centered around housekeeping, or lack of it. Just messy and incompetent process. And why knock on our door on the day of departure when we have sign "do not disturb"? And it is the day of departure, housekeeping staff gotta be aware of this... Oh well, it happens often. Anyway, good hotel,recommended!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Edward T, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel Houston, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Dear Alex G-

Than you for telling us about your stay. We will definitely speak with our Housekeeping staff to be sure we are honoring our Do Not Disturb signs. We understand how that can be upsetting and will work to correct that.

We hope you will come back to see us again if you are in the area in the future.

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Very surprised with this hotel. Great location just seconds from main street. Staff very friendly and very professional. I rate the place 4.5 stars. Quick check in and checkout. I was able to upgrade. Valet parking seemed expensive, but unlimited entries and returns, made it cost effective. Great room, especially suites. Basic gym, enough to get the job done. Spent happy hour chilling with Melanie. She took time to help us with our itinerary for eating and partying.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Jerry G-

Thank you for telling us about your recent experience at the Magnolia Houston. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Melanie was a good ambassador for our property.

We do hope that if your travels bring you back to town, that you will come and see us again.

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

So once again we are here in downtown Houston for a family get together. Our last stay on a $$$$ hotel wasn't worth it so we tried out the Magnolia Hotel. For the price it is a decent hotel. First of all they offer valet service,use it, it's too hard to find a parking space. The check in process was painless with a friendly staff helping us out. Elevators are quick and the rooms are nice but our room was missing a refrigerator. Our friend a room away has one but we didn't brother to complain since we don't need one anyways. They have a basic gym but the pools are not big enough to swim in just a place to chill. They do have a bar and a place to eat but with typical hotel prices. All in all, a good hotel with an efficient staff and valet service makes for a pleasant stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Edward T, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel Houston, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Dear Jim T-

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to the Magnolia Houston. We appreciate that you have many choices in Houston and chose to stay with us.

We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

Check-in was fine and was assigned my room. It’s spacious and the temperature was comfortable (sometimes they’re extreme or change dramatically based on whether or not it’s running). LOVED the garden tub in the bathroom. I was content with the room. I took a shower and looked up while I was washing my hair and saw long black and short curly black hair on the ceiling. Disappointing.
Later, I looked at the door hanger menu for breakfast. Ordered two of the steel cut oatmeal ($8 each) and the Power Up ($10). It was delivered on time, but two fruits and the hard boiled egg were missing. The oatmeal was lukewarm and had raisins instead of craisins (as advertised), and the Red Bull was also not cold. Then I look at the bill and, aside from the $4 delivery fee and 21% gratuity, they charged us $10 for each oatmeal and $12 for the Power Up. I had to speak to two people at the front desk to have it fixed correctly.
I stay at a lot of hotels. There are employees that want to make your stay pleasurable and have excellent customer service. Then there are employees who do the bare minimum and don’t care. I felt like I was paying for a four star hotel, but dealing with two star hotel employees. Nothing was impressive. The food wasn’t good, had to have the bill fixed, no apologies... I’m pretty easy going and would’ve appreciated someone pretending to care that they were messing stuff up...
Anyway, Houston has a TON of hotels and I stay in town often. I’ll try another hotel and would not stay here again. No need to settle.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear texan020-

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We strive for excellent customer service and unfortunately it seems we missed the mark with your recent visit to Magnolia Houston. I am very sorry that you encountered the issues with both Housekeeping and In Room Dining.

We do hope that you will return to stay with us on a future visit.

Reviewed September 27, 2018

Was booked here by my company for large internal meetings. Was not overly impressed by the hotel, but it was good, and nothing bad about it. My room was a bit strange. It was a mile (not literally) away from the elevator and was like a labyrinth with columns and sub-room partitions. In a way it was cool, but ultimately it was annoying. There was a lounge area that looked appealing but I did not have for it. Location is excellent. Bellhop was helpful. They had a problem with my reservation at first but resolved it after 20 minutes and three employees.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Edward T, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel Houston, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Dear Marshall M-

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We appreciate your time and effort in letting us know how we are doing. I do apologize that you initially were confronted with issues and hope it sis not affect your time in the city.

We hope to have you back soon as our guest.